Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derdichter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
all my sent messages normally appear in my sent folder.. however i just sent one important e-mail, and the message uploaded like normal, disappeared, and then didn't show up in my sent folder. it is not in the outbox or drafts. The party's e-mail address is saved in my mac mail program, and this was the first time i went to this address. normally that only happens when you send a message.. very confused. please help, thanks! a few weeks ago someone had this same questions.. but they didn't follow through to the resolution, so I have no idea what happened.

Dezlboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
Same thing just happened to me, two times in row now. Also, I can't connect to iCloud via my iPhone. When looking at email, get a "Connecting....." at bottom, and never connects,

richardhillary

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2013
Intermittently, this happens to me

Mostly, Mail works fine for me and sent items appear in the Sent Items mailbox. Just occasionally I realise that something I have just sent did not appear there. It just happened to two emails, both of which were indeed sent as I received replies.

I can workaround the problem by setting up an automatic blind copy, but this fills up my in-box horribly.

Has anyone got a real solution? An explanation would be good, too!

odysseus

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Mostly, Mail works fine for me and sent items appear in the Sent Items mailbox. Just occasionally I realise that something I have just sent did not appear there. It just happened to two emails, both of which were indeed sent as I received replies.

I can workaround the problem by setting up an automatic blind copy, but this fills up my in-box horribly.

Has anyone got a real solution? An explanation would be good, too!

I see this occasionally, too. Completely unacceptable.

odysseus

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Did you go into Mail's Preferences, Account pane, Mailbox Behaviors and set the send mail time to your preference?

Not sure what you're referring to. Can you give a screenshot?

I called AppleCare, and they acknowledged an issue with iCloud…

malko

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2014
It seems iCloud still has this issue. Two e-mails that I sent in the last two weeks just disappeared in Apple Mail after clicking "send". However it turned out the were actually sent, just didn't show up in my sent box or anywhere else on my side.

I use IMAP and iCloud mail and both mails had large attachments (but within iCloud's 20 MB limit). I have more than 20 GB free space on my iCloud.

odysseus

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
It seems iCloud still has this issue. Two e-mails that I sent in the last two weeks just disappeared in Apple Mail after clicking "send". However it turned out the were actually sent, just didn't show up in my sent box or anywhere else on my side.

What version of Mac OS X? Mavericks? Yosemite?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.