Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Mine is perfect. The button presses are phenomenal and it's not at all crooked or has any gaps. Hopefully my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.
So yours doesn't look like this at all? If it doesn't I should check out my local Best Buy and pick up a white one and return the Black back to Speck.

B1TXyR-CUAAkuSp-2.jpg

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
I just bought a white/black grip Speck case from Best Buy today for my 6 Plus.

Exactly the case I want. Best Buy online says coming soon for these cases. I guess I'll have to go in the store with my fingers crossed.

Can you post a couple of pics? Does it help with the grip of the phone?

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I saw candyshell grip's for the 6+ tonight at both Target and Best Buy. They both had a bunch of colors to choose from.

Last edited:

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I have been waiting and hounding Speck via Twitter for these cases to come out. I had one on my 6 before I changed to the 6+. I simply love how this case is hard enough from the plastic and a little grippy along with the drop and bend protection I was looking for that I felt the other cases weren't giving me.

This is the Best Buy blue edition.

It also appears that I can't attach multiple pics to my post so I will have to make extra posts... Don't kill me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 120

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
So yours doesn't look like this at all? If it doesn't I should check out my local Best Buy and pick up a white one and return the Black back to Speck.

Wow! It does look like that. But when I put the phone in it its straight.

----------

Exactly the case I want. Best Buy online says coming soon for these cases. I guess I'll have to go in the store with my fingers crossed.

Can you post a couple of pics? Does it help with the grip of the phone?

Yes, the grip does help. I'll try to post pics tonight.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Since I am returning my defender (too much of a bear to carry around) I might have to run over to Best Buy and/or target today to take a look at this one

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
I just returned from Target and picked up the white/black Grip for the plus. They had a few colors in stock.

This case makes this phone much easier to hold. It feels much more secure in the hand now.

Last edited:

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Wow! It does look like that. But when I put the phone in it its straight.

----------

Yes, the grip does help. I'll try to post pics tonight.
Yeah same here, deformed without the phone in but looks fine when I put the phone in. Just the middle bows out a little and the phone doesn't sit flat on a table, it wobbles at the top and bottom. I'm debating on waiting for Speck to send me a replacement or head down to Best Buy and see if they have better stock.

I guess with the spinning issues of the regular 6 4.7" cases, we should have expected these to have some kind of issue.

studmule

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
I just picked up the blue/black at best buy. The buttons are the best I've ever had on a case. It's super grippy. It isn't crooked. Definitely worth the wait.

studmule

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Does the gloss part scratch easily? I've always liked the candyshell except for how easily they scratch.

It seems to be the same material as the other candyshells that I've had, if that helps. But with this one, the grippy ridges on the back will probably keep the glossy part from making as much contact when you put it down, so maybe that means less scratches?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just got the black/gray grip at target. Really impressed. Great fit and ridiculously thin. However it has the lip I want.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I understand, it definitely is not the most attractive case. I am looking for decent protection, a good lip, a small camera hole, and a good grip.

this fit the bill

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
FYI, Best Buy's website now lists the Candyshell Grip as in stock for shipping and in store pickup.

I might head down there in a few days and see if they have the black/blue exclusive in stock and see if it has any defects.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Returning mine within a day or so back to target. 2 days of use and it is scratched beyond belief. For my wife to set it looks terrible, that says a lot. Going back to my pelican for now and rethinking the Thule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.