Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
What does it mean when a warning expires?
What is the difference between an admin and a moderator?
I know that they both send warnings, but what's different about them then?

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Thank you!
So the only point of the expiration date is that they are no longer displayed on the cp starting page?

The expiration dates aren't really anything we use or look at as important in any way. The forum software includes them, so they're there, but they really don't play any role in the MR moderation universe.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thank you!
So the only point of the expiration date is that they are no longer displayed on the cp starting page?

Some forums have it set up to auto suspend an account when they incur a set number of reminders/warnings. So in those cases, the expiration of reminders/warnings is used. I.e., getting 10 reminders in a week causes a time out of 1 day, etc.

As annk mentioned, its not a feature that is used here at MacRumors.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Some forums have it set up to auto suspend an account when they incur a set number of reminders/warnings. So in those cases, the expiration of reminders/warnings is used. I.e., getting 10 reminders in a week causes a time out of 1 day, etc.

As annk mentioned, its not a feature that is used here at MacRumors.
The expiration dates aren't really anything we use or look at as important in any way. The forum software includes them, so they're there, but they really don't play any role in the MR moderation universe.
This answered my question. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.