Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Is there a good place to get an iPad cheaper today? I missed all the specials and was going to just buy it on apple.com but wasn't sure if I might be missing a deal.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Shopping for an iPad is really starting to become a PITA! Target is offering 10% off electronics through their Cartwheel (ends today) so I'd save a total of 15% by using my Red Card. I stopped into my local store but they didn't have what I'm looking for (2 32GB iPad Mini 2s in Space Gray and one 64GB iPad Air 2 in Space Gray). I can get silver or gold for but I don't want to look at the while face. I think Apple should offer more colors with a black face.

I came home and checked Target.com. Most options are out of stock. Best Buy isn't listing much either.

It's hard to find them on sale but... I checked my local Apple stores. They have plenty at full price.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
How much are they in Costco

687b213521d755400533c9055d5fe921.jpg

----------

don't have a costco membership

You don't need a membership to buy online but I think they charge a fee. Do you have friends or co workers that have a membership there? Ask them to get you a $50 dollar gift card to Costco which allows you to shop there without a membership .

minicard

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Good Luck buying from BestBuy. Have been trying daily since Thanksgiving. Even at full price, they don't have stock.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I just visited another Target store. Nothing! I guess I'll be going to Apple this weekend. At least I'll have them then can return the unopened boxes if I find them on sale somewhere.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Good Luck buying from BestBuy. Have been trying daily since Thanksgiving. Even at full price, they don't have stock.

Really? This is funny because I got the 128GB from Best Buy on Black Friday for the price of my 64GB I got from Walmart (which I'm returning. 128GB? Hell yeah!).

In fact, I'm showing their website has most, if not all, models of the Air 2 in stock. Store stock might vary, but you can get it online with no problem.

Is there a good place to get an iPad cheaper today? I missed all the specials and was going to just buy it on apple.com but wasn't sure if I might be missing a deal.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of Costco, MacMall is offering $10-$30 off Air 2's depending on the capacity/wireless model you pick.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Really? This is funny because I got the 128GB from Best Buy on Black Friday for the price of my 64GB I got from Walmart (which I'm returning. 128GB? Hell yeah!).

In fact, I'm showing their website has most, if not all, models of the Air 2 in stock. Store stock might vary, but you can get it online with no problem.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of Costco, MacMall is offering $10-$30 off Air 2's depending on the capacity/wireless model you pick.

I was shopping at MacMall today and noticed they didn't have the option for a Verizon SIM. Is it a pain to get this SIM? Its for my mom so I won't be able to really help her if she did want to activate it.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I was shopping at MacMall today and noticed they didn't have the option for a Verizon SIM. Is it a pain to get this SIM? Its for my mom so I won't be able to really help her if she did want to activate it.

It was quite easy for me ...just walked into a store and got one

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Which store? I could go into a Verizon to have it on hand if needed. Did you bring your iPad to the store? Or just pick it up and pop it in?

Verizon store and I happened to have iPad on hand and they did need it for something

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Best Buy has everything that I'm looking for... just not on sale. I was going to get my kids 32GB iPad Minis but the iPad Air was only $70. more so I got them each one of those instead. I'll just use the Rewards money that I have on that credit card to make up for most of the difference. I bought them online last night so I know that I have them. I'm hoping they go on sale somewhere soon so I can have them do a price match.

I'm going to get my iPad Air 2 at the Apple Store. I just like the experience there plus I need to get a new Lightning connector covered by my iPhone 6 Apple Care.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Best Buy has everything that I'm looking for... just not on sale. I was going to get my kids 32GB iPad Minis but the iPad Air was only $70. more so I got them each one of those instead. I'll just use the Rewards money that I have on that credit card to make up for most of the difference. I bought them online last night so I know that I have them. I'm hoping they go on sale somewhere soon so I can have them do a price match.

I'm going to get my iPad Air 2 at the Apple Store. I just like the experience there plus I need to get a new Lightning connector covered by my iPhone 6 Apple Care.

I like the Apple Store but if I can save a few bunks at MacMall why not? This would be my first time using MacMall but it seems they can be trusted.

mlw4411

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
I buy a lot from Macmall. Never had a problem. I order online and it ships to Ms., so there is no tax and free shipping.
Also consider apple.com for refurbish if you ever need something thats not a new release. Same as new, warranty and all.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I think I started to get spoiled seeing $140.00+ discounts for iPads. So it went from no discount to that so I start thinking "that's it" when I see it for less than $100.00 off. My fault, I guess I should have been up shopping at midnight on Black Friday. Ya snooze ya lose...

Still hoping for a second wave of discounts before Christmas.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1

Not at all. Just walk into a local Verizon store, ask to set up a new tablet line and ask for a LTE Nano SIM for an iPad. The SIMs are free as long as you have an account last I checked.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I didn't save much but Christmas will be good this year! Two 32GB iPad Airs for the kids and a 64GB iPad Air 2 for me. I'll save $100.00 when I sign up for AT&T service and I'll sell my iPad 4 so that will make my wallet feel a little better

Attachments

• ipads.jpg
    ipads.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.