Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
:mad: who the hell is going to buy a imac g5 for the same price as intel imacs when apple is branding them 3x slower:mad:

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Macmadant said:
:mad: who the hell is going to buy a imac g5 for the same price as intel imacs when apple is branding them 3x slower:mad:

I get what you mean but i can assure you many people will still buy the PPC version as they are scared of getting a Rev A Mactel, also they may realise that it is unlikely they are actually 3x slower in real life usage,

SHadow

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
Macmadant said:
Then there are people like me who have had the iMac fo a month and a bit and now feels really pissed off.

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Macmadant said:

That is exactly the point! Who would buy one of the new Intel iMacs, if the old ones would cost significantly less? Apple wants a fast transition to Intel in order to force the developers to provide universal binaries for their apps. On top it would be stupid for Apple to sell the old iMacs for less money and not earning a cent anymore. Think before you are ranting next time...

Thanks!

groovebuster

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.