Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EtherealMAC

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2011
I'd like to request The Witcher 2 to be showcased, if you have access to it and if you're interested in it. I haven't played it yet but I played Witcher 1 (the first one) and I absolutely LOVED it ( chick card collecting anyone??? -- if you played the first one you know exactly what I mean *wink* wink* wink*)

Elmzeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
London
Game of Thrones!

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I updated this thread so thought I'd drop in and show off 2 new videos of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Game of Thrones running in OS X on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro!

Enjoy! :)

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Thanks for those , Adam!! Fun as always.

Hey, by the way, how far into the Pre-Sequel have you gotten?

Elmzeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
London
Thanks for those , Adam!! Fun as always.

Hey, by the way, how far into the Pre-Sequel have you gotten?

Hey Irishman,

Thanks for your response! Only the early levels so far but I'm really enjoying it, definitely worth considering if your system can handle it!

Also - here's Part 2 of my Game of Thrones: Iron from Ice playthrough!

Enjoy!

xSinghx

Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
Did they offer some other way to get golden keys in the MAS version of Borderlands (PS) if Shift Codes do not work? It seems like something that should be done by the Aspyr guys since it is kind of a nice element of the game to get random goodies from time to time.

Elmzeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
London
Did they offer some other way to get golden keys in the MAS version of Borderlands (PS) if Shift Codes do not work? It seems like something that should be done by the Aspyr guys since it is kind of a nice element of the game to get random goodies from time to time.

Hey xSinghx,

What's happening when you enter the SHIFT codes? The PC/Mac SHIFT codes are the same and should work when you enter them and quite a few have been released so far.

Let me know and if there are any issues I'd suggest contacting Aspyr for support - they should be able to help you out! :)

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006

Sing,

If you're referring to the Pre Sequel, I've never found a shift code at orcz that did not work on my Mac (unless it had expired, and I've been using them since BL2!)

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_Pre-Sequel:_Shift_Codes

xSinghx

Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
The Mac App Store page for both the Pre-sequel and BD2 say that shift codes won't work with the MAS versions. Is this incorrect? I took it at face value. I'm assuming most people saying they work are referring to Steam versions.

Anyway, assuming they don't work in the MAS versions it would be nice if the devs found another way to add golden keys (maybe through loot drops) if shift codes are disabled.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
The Mac App Store page for both the Pre-sequel and BD2 say that shift codes won't work with the MAS versions. Is this incorrect? I took it at face value. I'm assuming most people saying they work are referring to Steam versions.

Anyway, assuming they don't work in the MAS versions it would be nice if the devs found another way to add golden keys (maybe through loot drops) if shift codes are disabled.

Wow. I do have the Steam versions. It never occurred to me that the MAS versions would function differently.

Elmzeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
London
Update

Hey Guys,

Here's a quick update with new Episodes of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and also Black Ice all running in OS X on my Retina MacBook Pro!

Hope you enjoy them and I've got plenty more videos coming your way! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.