Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starfleet4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2002
nyc,ny
i have a four pc network at home and much to the dismay of my family members i have made the switch to a mac[performa 6116cd]. i have a space in my dsl router for another unit, i would like to add the mac. i know i could set it up to connect to the internet but can it be networked with the microsoft home network protocols?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Provided the Performa has the required hardware (ethernet), and software (OS 9), you should be able to use DHCP or TCPIP to add it to the network, no problem.

Of course, I haven't had any personal experience on those systems (or anything pre-G3, for that matter) so you might want to take my advice with a grain of salt. :)

starfleet4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2002
nyc,ny
Rower_CPU
thanks again rov. by the way, is that icon of yours a pic of kurt cobain? i really would like to know

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by starfleet4
Rower_CPU
thanks again rov. by the way, is that icon of yours a pic of kurt cobain? i really would like to know

Actually, it's Owen Wilson in a scene from the movie Zoolander...but I can see the resemblance to Cobain...:)

starfleet4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2002
nyc,ny
thanks. if it was i would have freaked. kurt cobains music changed it all for me and got me started on the guitar.peace

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.