Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in.

I'm wondering what everyone uses for online image hosting/sharing. More specifically, I'm looking for something that makes the process from taking a picture on your phone to posting the link on a message board a quick and easy process.

I've tried Imgur - iPhone app is unstable and barely useable - I usually end up having to go on the full website on my computer to finish the process.

And I've tried Flickr - nice iPhone integration, but it doesn't allow you to copy a plain link to your image. From what I've found you have to go on the full website and grab the "BB Code" and paste that into a message board comment. It provides a "short link" to each image, but those links don't appear to be useable on message boards as you also need to provide a "link back" to Flickr. So again, it requires me doing half the process on my phone, then the other half on my computer.

What am I missing here - this seems like such a simple thing, I feel like I'm missing something, lol.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Hmmm...not finding much for CloudApp in the app store (for free).

Would Drop Box work? All I want is a simple way to take a picture from my phone, upload it to a "cloud" service, then share it quickly and easily with anyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.