Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
ha, for a bunch of PC people they really liked the TiPB - and how could they not?

The PowerBook G4 isn't a product to watch; it's the only notebook on the market worth spending $2,500 on, and at that price, it's a steal.

Way to go, Apple.

:D

D

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
damn impressive! perhaps the tibook will make these people look at other Macs, i'd love to see an iBook reviewed in the same manner. i've always wondered why more people didn't take note of the impressive features the tibook sports...

only thing they didnt cover too much is windows file sharing, which is, i think, an overlooked feature...

:)
pnw

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001

Apple's sales literature claims the PowerBook G4 outperforms a 2.2GHz Pentium 4, but don't count on that claim. Running at full speed, a P4-M notebook will feel faster than a PowerBook G4, especially when running applications optimized for the Pentium 4 architecture. But when the P4-M throttles back to conserve the battery or keep from burning your lap, the more efficient PowerPC takes the lead.

baah, anyway i wonder how much faster os x would feel without antialiasing
i wish there is an option to shut it down

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by paulwhannel
damn impressive! perhaps the tibook will make these people look at other Macs, i'd love to see an iBook reviewed in the same manner. i've always wondered why more people didn't take note of the impressive features the tibook sports...

only thing they didnt cover too much is windows file sharing, which is, i think, an overlooked feature...

:)
pnw

Yeah, man, if you ask me the 12.1" iBook is an even better value compared to its PC counterparts, especially the 800MHz Combo drive model. Similarly configured 12.1" computers from Dell, Sony, and Fujitsu cost hundred$ more, and still don't have the iBook's durability and looks. Plus all the font smoothing in OS X makes it by far the most legible 12.1" screen at 1024x768 resolution. For someone who actually carries around their laptop (to work, home,school, traveling, etc.), the portable iBook makes so much more sense than these 8 lb. "desktop replacement" monsters that seem to make up the bulk of the market nowadays. And for a lightweight, truly portable computer, the iBook is so far ahead of its PC competitors. Or at least that's the conclusion I came to about a month ago when I bought my iBook :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.