Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Without VPN:
No%20VPN.png

With VPN:
VPN%20to%20US.png

Even 144p lags on YouTube.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
My horrible Internet in the monopolistic country of Canada. :(

Looks good from my perspective….. more than 40 times faster then what I am paying about $20 a month for. Neither phone line nor WiFi service to my apartment, so I am using supposedly 3G mobile broad band.

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4279028897] [/URL]

Slower than 97% of Thailand…… so 3% have a worse service mine. C'est la vie.

Last edited:

asus

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Where are you in Thailand?

I spent three months this winter there, we visited every bigger city from Chiang Mai in north to Krabi, and all the islands, on both coasts. Even small one like koh phi phi and koh Tao had ok Internet, I was actually surprised, I expected worse.

And btw I kind of fell in love with Thailand, I'll come back, and will stay longer, maybe move and live there for some time..

I came back few weeks ago, miss it so much :eek:

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
To be fair though, 8 Mbps download isn't too bad. However, the price is RIDICULOUS. I'm not paying the bill, so I don't know exactly how much it costs, but I'm pretty sure it's around 50-60$. Of course, Canada is a very monopolistic country (especially Quebec), so things like Internet and Mobile cost a huge ton of money. Plus, it's a very developed country, so they have no excuse of offering such slow connection. I have also been to Israel for a while, and the Internet is super cheap, I think a 100 Mbps internet costs around 40$ at most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.