Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
biggest scare of my life. it was so unexpected. the powerbook seemed like a great machine and i wanted to by it. im a current windows user.. but after i visited the apple store, i fell in love. i want the mac book rpo.. but i have one question.

why the heck does apple release new products without any warning whatsoever making there past models totally obsolete?!

if i buy the mac book pro today.. will there be an even better one next quarter? this really frustrates me. i know the saying.. the minute you open the box after you buy a new computer its obslete. ive had about 4 PC's. but its different with a mac.. for one thing its way more expensive and i dont want to dish out all this money if a nother cheaper, better model is right around next quarter.

does anyone haev any input or recomendations on whether or not to buy the mac book pro?

.. go easy on me, im a pc user.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Well you're making the right decision switching to Mac. ;)

The thing is, and you've mentioned this yourself, is that computers are always being upgraded thus making previous models no longer new. It does not make them obsolete however. If they perform the tasks you want them to, without too much hassle, then that should be enough. (But I now what it's like to want the latest and greatest thing out.) Apple don't announce new products with warning, because this would mean that nobody would be buying their current range of products. At the end of the day, Apple is a company with one thing at the forefront $$$$.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
To be honest, all manufactures release new products with little to no warning. Apple though does seem to have a huge cult like following that sticks to secrets like gum on a baby's dry diaper. One secret insider site had mentioned that the new intel powerbook was being released in Feb....and that rumor came true seeing as these aren't even shipping until Feb.

Sadly it's a game we play with technology. Don't think though that your machine would be out of date if you did buy a MacBook Pro anytime soon. Buy it, enjoy the heck out of it for the next 2-5 years or whatever, and hopefully, we can welcome you to being an Apple user soon!

Z

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
direzz said:
i want the mac book rpo.. but i have one question.

why the heck does apple release new products without any warning whatsoever making there past models totally obsolete?!

if i buy the mac book pro today.. will there be an even better one next quarter?

That's two questions. :D

direzz said:

They don't and their past models aren't made obsolete by new products. If you follow rumor sites and Apple news it's sort of like getting a fair warning on what might be around the corner.

direzz said:
if i buy the mac book pro today.. will there be an even better one next quarter?
Possibly. That's a risk with any product though. Just go for it and buy one. :D

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
hehe thanks guys. im pretty sure i'll buy the mac book pro.. its so cool and stylish and has great specs. thanks forr all your input :)
if any1 else has input pleas share id appreciate it

Boelman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
I am in the opposite position to you, as I already bought my powerbook and now i want to sell it for the new macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.