Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

herr_neumann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Roseville, Ca
OK, so last night I relized that I had not restarted my iBook (G3 700, 14in) in like a month, so I restarted. THe blue screen with the pinwheel came up and there it sat. I thought it was taking a while, so I decided to go to the bath room. So after the 100 meter walk across the FOB, i returned. The computer was still stuck in the same place. Now this has happened before, not quite this long, so i powered down by holding the power button until it went off. I waited a few seconds and repressed the power button, but nothing happened. No power up at all. I tried taking out the battery, unpluging it, all to no avail. I haven't found anything like this online. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

As I am stuck in Ninevah Province, Iraq for another month or so I can not readily run down to the local Apple Store. I have had the logic board swapped out 3-4 times already, the last time being last april when I shipped it home. Unfortionatly my Apple Care expired in august, before I had a chance to go to the Apple Store and complain about these more than frequent repairs.​

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
This does sound like your logic board died again. Don't get it fixed again just buy a G4 or wait for Intel iBooks.
You would only be able to do a PMU reset if it powered on but as the OP said nothing happens when the power button is pressed.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
benjamindaines said:
You would only be able to do a PMU reset if it powered on but as the OP said nothing happens when the power button is pressed.

You should probably review the proceedures for PMU resets. It is never done with the power on.

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
For the record, if it IS the logic board, it's covered under a special replacement program. Nearly all G3 White iBooks qualify.

herr_neumann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Roseville, Ca
Thanks for the help, unfortunatly the PMU reset did not do the trick. Any other suggestion?

On a side note does anyone know if taking an Apple product to Iraq in any way voids the warranty?

Thanks for all the help.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
herr_neumann said:
On a side note does anyone know if taking an Apple product to Iraq in any way voids the warranty?
No you can take your iBook where ever you want, heck you could take it to the moon if you wanted to. If Apple controlled where you could take your laptop someone would sue them into a deep deep hole of horse poo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.