Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelyinggame

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2015
Same Experience

I had the same thing happen to me this month. I am quite glad iPhone's have a usage tracker. This billing period which has been going on for 8 days At&t says that I have used almost 2.5 gb even though my iPhone which is way more accurate says I have only used 0.3 gb. At&t is scamming people for higher data plans. I miss the old plans with unlimited data where you didn't have to worry about this. I would switch to sprint if I didn't live somewhere that doesn't have coverage. Stupid At&t.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I'm having the same issue. Used all 14GB and there's 13 days left in the bill cycle. Not sure what happened. I checked online too but it doesn't give me anything.

minicard

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Happened to me too. I suspect it is an iOS bug or something. It has to do with the iPhone or iPad using cellular data even when you are on your home network and see the wifi icon. Since I use my iPad for streaming movies at home it was the culprit. Only solution for now is to turn off cellular data while you are at home.

Edzson

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Goodyear, AZ
I learned a lesson yesterday. I was using the NBC Sports app to watch some of the Superbowl pre game on my iPad mini2. Then went out and about for about 10hrs and had the mini with me. Seems that the app kept streaming even though I wasn't using it and racked up 2.9GB.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I had the same thing happen to me this month. I am quite glad iPhone's have a usage tracker. This billing period which has been going on for 8 days At&t says that I have used almost 2.5 gb even though my iPhone which is way more accurate says I have only used 0.3 gb. At&t is scamming people for higher data plans. I miss the old plans with unlimited data where you didn't have to worry about this. I would switch to sprint if I didn't live somewhere that doesn't have coverage. Stupid At&t.

Before you quickly blame AT&T, check and see what your phone was doing.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.