Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JavaWizKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Since installing Mountain Lion the Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse control settings are not active on boot, you have to open up the PrefPane to activate them again.

How can I get Windows like mouse movements. I've tried the terminal hack (defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling -1) which doesn't behave correctly.

What can I use now?

AfzalivE

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Since installing Mountain Lion the Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse control settings are not active on boot, you have to open up the PrefPane to activate them again.

How can I get Windows like mouse movements. I've tried the terminal hack (defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling -1) which doesn't behave correctly.

What can I use now?

If you want windows-like movement, go to the intellipoint settings, go to Pointer Options and choose "Intellipoint pointer speed". Set it to max.

If not this, then search killmouseaccel

Yury

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011

What can I use now?

1. Open Finder.

2. Navigate to: /Library/PreferencePanes/.

3. Right click on "Microsoft Mouse.prefpane".

4. Select Show Contents.

5. Navigate through Contents > Resources.

6. Leave the above open, and now open System Preferences.

7. Select Users & Groups.

8. Click on your user, and click Login Items.

9. Go back to your Finder window, select the file "MicrosoftMouseHelper", and drag this into the login items area on the right-hand side of the login items page (in the System Preferences window).

10. Intellipoint settings should now be loaded at login, overriding the default OS X settings for pointer speed, scrolling, and buttons.

PS: thx Tim

garisimo

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2015
Thank You Thank You

I was pulling my hair out until I came across your post re: Mouse Control; I've been using the Microsoft 3000 wired keyboard with 10.6.8 for many years. Having recently switched to Yosemite I installed the software and configured the keys -- everything seemed to work until I restarted the computer. Then you have to open the System Preferences, click on the Preference Pane, and the settings become active. Even though your instructions are for the mouse the keyboard is basically the same -- in step (3) Right click on "Microsoft Keyboard.prefpane" and in step (9) ...select the file "MicrosoftKeyboardHelper.app"...

Cheers!

G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.