Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiivile

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I submitted my iPhone 5 unlock request online with AT&T and they approved it even though I'm still under contract until September 14, 2014. Why??

Last edited:

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I have tried thru AT&T like I did with my phone but they won't unlock my wife's. To tell you the truth I'm not sure why they unlocked mine but they did. Now they won't do the same for my wife's. I also was thinking about trying swift unlocks. We're they able to unlock anyone's phone when AT&T would not do it?

I would try again. There is no rhime or reason. I have requested two different unlocks over the last two weeks, one for an iPhone 3GS and one for a 5s. Both times AT&T stated they coud not unlock since they were still under contract. I tried again for both of them the next day, and they granted the unlocks.

2macarena

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
I would try again. There is no rhime or reason. I have requested two different unlocks over the last two weeks, one for an iPhone 3GS and one for a 5s. Both times AT&T stated they coud not unlock since they were still under contract. I tried again for both of them the next day, and they granted the unlocks.

Lol. Looks like it depends on the mood of a customer service representative. Doesn't make any sense. I know it won't work for used iPhones since they have to verify your info. In that case the only option is to use a third party service like Keys2iPhone or ChronicUnlocks.

PJL500

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
swiftunlocks is shady...

Swiftunlocks.com.

$2.

I've used them for several iPhones.

Scam post. Beware swift unlocks.com is $20- minimum going up into $1xx-. ($2- is for a "status report" on the locked/unlocked status.)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
what is the price for Unlocking iPhone 5 locked on at&t to use on Verizon network? My iPhone is out of contract. Thanks
iPhone 5 (on at&t ) cannot be unlocked to be used on Verizon.

Now iPhone 6/6 plus is a different ball game. At&t unlocked iPhone 6/6 plus can be unlocked to be used on Verizon (but u must use an already activated Verizon nano sim tied to existing Verizon account/number).

jamestoro

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
UK London
iPhone 5 (on at&t ) cannot be unlocked to be used on Verizon.

Now iPhone 6/6 plus is a different ball game. At&t unlocked iPhone 6/6 plus can be unlocked to be used on Verizon (but u must use an already activated Verizon nano sim tied to existing Verizon account/number).
Thanks for your replay, this very will help me, now I must to have nano activated verizon sim card to use on verizon my iPhone 6. this is new for me

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Thanks for your replay, this very will help me, now I must to have nano activated verizon sim card to use on verizon my iPhone 6. this is new for me

It's well known.

My ATT iPhone 6 is unlocked. I cannot take an unactivated Verizon nano sim and activate it.

You can always borrow on friend phone with Verizon who has nano sim capable sim slot (iPhone or Moto x etc) that has nano sim and have them activate a Verizon sim for u

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.