Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Hey everyone! I figured it was about time that I formally introduced myself to the MacRumors community. My name is Joe and, thanks to Arnold and Eric, I was provided with the opportunity to come on board as Editor and Community Manager last month. The editorial staffers, moderators and rest of the team seem great!

You will most frequently find me posting on MacRumors on weekday mornings, and may have already seen a few articles that I have written on the front page. I will also be looking to get involved with the community as much as possible, so there's a good chance that we may connect through Facebook, Twitter or the forums at some point.

For a little context, I am a 20-year-old Apple aficionado from the Toronto, Canada area that basically grew up on the Internet and loves being involved with online communities. You may have seen my name on a few familiar websites and blogs in recent months and years. My venture into blogging began in 2008 and I haven't looked back since.

In terms of Apple products, I have a 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro with an external Thunderbolt Display and iPhone 6 as my daily drivers, although I am very much considering upgrading to the 5K iMac and adding another 4K monitor (at 60 Hz!) I also want to get an Apple Watch as soon as they're available, which I am incredibly impatient in waiting for. April can't come any sooner!

I look forward to getting to know everyone at MacRumors on a more personal basis over the coming days and months! I've already been given a kind welcome by some of the forum moderators, but I hope to get to know more users on a name-to-name basis. I'm sure some people will be kind enough to help me learn the ropes. Thanks and see everyone on the forums!

:apple: Joe

Last edited:

Bloodfrenzy

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2015
Lufkin, TX
Hello all,
I am coming from the other side to MACs....
My custom ordered IMAC:
27" IMAC 3.5GHz to turbo 3.9GHz
8GB will expand to 32GB
4GB Video
3TB Fusion Drive

Received my superdrive today, have to wait till tuesday to get my new IMAC.

Wish it would hurry up and get here.

shabbbir

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2015
Hi,

I have been using Mac for only 6 months or so, and I am an amateur for this. So want to know in detail and how solve problems or so. Heard of MacRumor and have been following this for 3 months, so here I am, registered. Lets see how does it work.

Cheers!

Stablemate

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2015
Lincoln
Hi to all here. Long time lurker but finally decided to register.

I'm based near Lincoln (United Kingdom) and am currently using an iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2, and a brand new 13" MacBook Pro Retina. Long time Mac user and this is the first time in many years I've been completely without a desktop machine. Going to see how I get on like this for a while, and if needs be, may soon be purchasing one of the newer iMac's.

Anyway, I look forward to spending some time here :D

broncobenshea

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
long time reader, first time poster

Just registered for the forums, worked for apple for 6 years in SLC and LA. I think I could definitely provide some perspective!

andrewhelmus

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2015
Central FloriDUH
Hello! I've been lurking around on this forum, reading and learning for about a month now!

I'm an IT guy, but mostly as a hobbyist. I'm very fluent in both hardware and software, and I have lots of networking experience. I'm currently the network admin for a small property management company, although the IT side of the job is a much smaller portion of my everyday duties. In other words, it's not my profession.

I'm an amateur photographer who's been out of the game for about a year, but looking to really get back into it. I'm also going to slowly progress towards shooting more video. In addition, I also enjoy a fair amount of graphic design and some web design.

I just recently purchased a used Mac Pro (4,1) with dual 2.26 CPU's :D. My intention is to upgrade this machine with a pair of x5690's, faster RAM and a beefier graphics card, etc..

I migrated from a custom built Windows machine which didn't necessarily require an upgrade, but I really wanted to get back on the Mac platform, and I wanted something powerful. New Mac Pro's are a tad bit pricey, so I did some research on this forum and I learned about upgrading a dated Mac Pro with some beefier hardware. So I purchased a 2009 Mac Pro and things started rolling!

Most of my computer work consists of photo editing, and in time - video editing as well. I used to do a lot of video production and editing, which I intend to get back into in the coming months.

I really enjoy OSX over Windows, so that is my main reason for switching. I've owned many Apple products in the past (MacBook Pro's, iMac's, countless iPhone's) but a Mac Pro is a new territory for me. I'm excited!

I'll be ordering the CPU's this weekend and I expect to have them installed as early as mid-next week :).

Hopefully I won't have any questions, but if I do, I know I'll find the answers on here.

~Andrew

scottyy

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been a lurker of the forums for a few years now and finally decided to join.

I bought my first macbook and iMac back in 2007 and have been hooked ever since.

I currently am using a late 2012 mini with a 2.6 i7.
The day I received it in the mail it was torn down to install a second drive kit and 16GB of ram. Its current set up is a Samsung pro 512GB SSD for boot then the standard 1TB drive as storage in the second bay.

I run a sign and sticker business and needed a work station.
A few friends talked me into trying a PC again.
I built a decently high end work station.
Asus sabertooth z87, 4770K i7, asus 780Ti 4GB card, twin samsung pros in raid 0(boot drives), 8TB of internal storage in raid 10, H100i radiator and water block, tons of other parts.

I hated it. It always needed tweaks in bios to keep the stupid thing happy. I spent more time in bios than doing work so it had to go.

I built the mini to hold me over until I would buy a mac pro(What I should have done in the first place). Now I am highly considering waiting till the next gen retina iMac to upgrade.

Suprsingly the mini can power everything I need decently well.
I currently use two samsung 23" 1080P monitors.
I would love to get a thunderbolt display to replace one of them I am just worried it would not be able to power them.

I am sure you will see me posting a ton on her now that I have finally joined.

Thank you
-Scott

eko91

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015

Just joined this forum about a week ago! I am enjoying and learning a lot by looking through the posts!! Pretty amazed by how many people actually comment on the forums!!

basechat

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2015
Yello Everyone

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. It would be nice to get connected with app developers and entrepreneurs here.

Reactions: Dex762

jxburros

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
I'm Jeffrey, from Minnesota. I mostly joined to engage with other people who are desperately hoping their watch is coming tomorrow. (Outlook isn't good, but it's not impossible.)

magicmidi

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
First post..

I am new to MacRumors. I have an issue hoping someone can help me. I have three Macs in my house. I have photos on all three computers with many duplicates among my three Macs. How can I consolidate the photos from all three computers on to one of them and avoid duplicates? Any assistance will be much appreciated... Thanx

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I am new to MacRumors. I have an issue hoping someone can help me. I have three Macs in my house. I have photos on all three computers with many duplicates among my three Macs. How can I consolidate the photos from all three computers on to one of them and avoid duplicates? Any assistance will be much appreciated... Thanx
This thread is just for saying hello to the community. I suggest that you post your question about photos in the Mac Applications and Mac App Store forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

glycerine

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
New member, long time lurker.
I'm from Belgium and my first apple product was the pink iPod mini. After iPods and iPad, switched to a desktop Mini in 2012, and last year finally got a rMBP laptop and the iPhone. Never looking back!

Tripletap

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
Florida
Hey guys!
Another long time lurker since the weeks leading up to the iPhone rollout. Just wanted to finally register to thank everyone for the years of trouble shooting advice posted and for making my conversion to apple products much smoother. I am happy to say I've now converted almost all my extended family and friends to apple.:D
Thanks again!

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Hello from one of the OSXHints Diaspora

Hi!

I'm not really a newbie to MacRumors (I have 300-some-odd posts over a 2 decade timeframe) but my main Mac-centric homes were MacOSX Hints from the 10.0.x early days until they lowered the curtains on the place, and before that I was a regular on the email-based Info-Mac Digest.

I'm sort of poking around to find a new primary Mac-centric board to read and post to. I'm not the cutting-edge new-tech adopting type. My main rig is a MacBook Pro (one of the last of the 17 inch models) still running 10.6.8 as its main OS (I have 10.10 and below in various virtual machines on Parallels). Off to my right is my "computer museum", consisting of a spare of this one (in case this one has to go into the shop the HD gets switched and I pick up where I left off), a pair of G4 17 PowerBooks running 10.4 and 10.5, a "WallStreet" G3 PowerBook running 10.3, 9.0, 8.6 and 8.1, a PowerMac 7100 running 8.6, 8.1, and 7.5, and an original LC running 7.5 and 6.0.8.

I'm more likely to post questions about how to accommodate some new version of TLS SSH email on Eudora 6.2 or which daisy-chain of Timbuktu versions would best connect a System 6 box to a 10.6.8 box for remote controlling than to ask about the latest software or hardware releases.

codenamelh

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2015
I guess I should start things off in here.

I'm an 18 year old computer enthusiast that's interested in machines & operating systems all over the spectrum. I switch between OS X & Windows a lot in my daily life and have recently taken a huge interest in late PowerPC era Macs (mostly G3 and onward). I believe they're still very capable machines with a lot to offer and are some of the best designed computers ever. The iMac G4 being my personal favorite.

You'll probably mostly find me hanging out in the PowerPC forum. I have various computers and enjoy messing around with them and different operating systems. I'm hoping to get more heavily into collecting when money allows me to (currently looking at getting a machine that would work perfectly with early OS X such as Jaguar. Possibly a Powerbook G3 Pismo). My main computer is a 2011 iMac and have a Thinkpad as a mobile workstation.

I've been lurking around here for a while and excited to take part now.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
Hello MacRumors,

I have been active on these forums since Janurary. Some of you know me some don't. My most frequently visited forums are the Community and PowerPC Forums.

I do participate in the forums. Mainly to ask things I am puzzled over. I rarely offer advice or help unless I am completely certain I know the answers.

The only Apple products I own are my eMac and PowerMac in my signature.
I have used: iMac G3 tray load (still own but it's dead)
a few Preforma System 7 computers
I used PowerMac G3 All-in-ones in grade school and iBook G4s and eMacs in high school.

umast78

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2015
Napoli

Hello everyone I'm also thanks for all the advice that I have learned from this community , I hope to give my contribution in the future .:cool:

Synfulz

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Virginia
Hello! I've been a long time lurker, but have since decided to actually become a participant. I've learned a lot about troubleshooting certain issues (Google always leads me here) and look forward to contributing what I can.

VintageRecapEurope

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
Ireland
Hey People
Names Adrian. Im a Mac user since the late 80's and now 30 years later im a vintage Mac repairer/restorer. I cant say that Im a big user of Apple products these days, its all the old stuff with me. From the 128K up to the TAM. Been repairing these old machines for over 6 years.
1.JPG

Im based in Ireland and Im glad to help anyone with problems on their 68K Macs. Its all good fun. Cheers from Ireland.

Reactions: Jmona

Jmona

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
So. Hey there everyone!
Some may know me from my reviews being one of the first female reviewers some 8 years ago now. Some may not.
I'm Jen mostly known as Jmona.
I'm a Journalist, Tech Savvy, Singer, SwitchEasy's Favorite Chick, Audiobook Narrator, Photographer, Archer, Gamer, Comics Collector, Giger's Alien Biggest Fan, Figures Collector, Nerd, Geek, Giver, Lupus and Leukemia Survivor; Mom & Wife.

I thought for the longest time I had an account with MR but turns out (I found out upon the Apple Watch release) that I did not so, here I am, joining the party officially finally.
I'm close friends/ like family with one of the two Apple's Co-founders and have been a Fanboi all of my life since birth being the first computer I learned anything about Apple an Apple Lisa and since I've had every single Apple computer released, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and now Apple Watch.
I'm stoked to be here!

Reactions: arn and RobT

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
So. Hey there everyone!
Some may know me from my reviews being one of the first female reviewers some 8 years ago now. Some may not.
I'm Jen mostly known as Jmona.
I'm a Journalist, Tech Savvy, Singer, SwitchEasy's Favorite Chick, Audiobook Narrator, Photographer, Archer, Gamer, Comics Collector, Giger's Alien Biggest Fan, Figures Collector, Nerd, Geek, Giver, Lupus and Leukemia Survivor; Mom & Wife.

I thought for the longest time I had an account with MR but turns out (I found out upon the Apple Watch release) that I did not so, here I am, joining the party officially finally.
I'm close friends/ like family with one of the two Apple's Co-founders and have been a Fanboi all of my life since birth being the first computer I learned anything about Apple an Apple Lisa and since I've had every single Apple computer released, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and now Apple Watch.
I'm stoked to be here!

Great introduction! Glad you're here!

Reactions: Jmona
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.