Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hbk48942

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
he got everything , he is a great character and a great actor.

who agrees with me?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
More inane threads. There are at least 247 better characters that have been on TV than Sheldon Cooper.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I liked the early BBT, but its gone to far now.

But to be honest however I answer this is irrelevant as the OP won't check in again! Just for the record, each of his 15 posts has been a new thread.

Last edited:

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
This guy:

1058360-tonysoprano1.jpg

This guy:

BB-S5B-Walt-590.jpg

or even this guy:

Homer_Simpson_2006.png

TheGenerous

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
Of course not.

It was great up to 2 seasons. The show becomes repetitive after that.
As a physicist I can say many things are ingenious and cool. However, PhD comics are way better at depicting the physicist life in Academia. BBT doesn't at all.

ALF is the greatest TV character ever.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Can't wait for the op to get into PRSI

I liked the flashback episode in which we found out what Sheldon Copper's first picture on his computer was, saw an old photo of him, talked about that dream he had, reminisced about his first & worst job, his first tweet, his first computer, the time he met that famous guy, that girl he had his first crush on, that time he wore that horrible outfit, dreamed about his future, remembered that shocking thing that happened in his city, showed us his first picture, joked about that strange thing on wikipedia, joked about that random picture he took, stayed up really late, left home for a few years, stayed on the net for two days straight, bragged that he had the life he wanted 5 years ago and told us where he was when the challenger blew up.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
[Mod Note]

I have deleted some non-interest posts. If you are not interested in the thread subject, please just skip the thread.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Big Bang Theory is the most insulting garbage ever produced for prime time entertainment.

Hahaha - this.

Though I dislike pretty much any laugh track network comedy. If your show's writing and characters aren't strong enough to make the viewer laugh without telling them when to laugh, it's probably not good.

Much better luck with comedies on cable.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm not a BBT fan, and although I think Mr Cooper is a good comedic actor, I would not call him the best. I think part of this has to be from becoming enamored with the show and it's writing which must be razor sharp.

Great comedies that have grabbed me are Cheers, Everyone Loves Raymond, Sienfeld and currently Modern Family, ensemble comedies where actors play off one another. One of my wife's favorites was Will and Grace, and although it was not my cup of tea, and Sean Hayes's character mostly annoyed me, I can still praise his comic ability and timing. :)

Last edited:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Big Bang Theory is the most insulting garbage ever produced for prime time entertainment.

It’s pretty painful, tried a few episodes. The funny thing is the perspective of people outside of geek[ish] culture/industries, you know, the “Them nerds is funny cuz they say science stuff!”

We saw Parsons in NYC when he was the lead in Harvey, he was a _snoozefest_ (we only went because it was BIL/SIL’s choice).

Side note: anybody wanting an incredibly funny, sometimes dark, comedy about “nerds”, check out Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley. He’s got the right kind of sharp wit to understand how to skewer the tech industry (esp. the SF startup scene).

DT

ian.barker.982

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2015
Bbt is cool 30 million like it so ur obviously the minority I find the physics jokes sophisticated and a lot of people won't get it guys are u void of humour altogether bbt is fffffuuuuunnnnyyy man

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Bbt is cool 30 million like it so ur obviously the minority I find the physics jokes sophisticated and a lot of people won't get it guys are u void of humour altogether bbt is fffffuuuuunnnnyyy man

Glad you like it. I think it's a sad excuse of a sitcom. I don't know anyone who likes it. Even my 2 nephews (18 and 21) hate it.

Ray Brady

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Bbt is cool 30 million like it so ur obviously the minority

Not quite. The highest rated episodes of Big Bang Theory ever garnered 20 million viewers. While it's unquestionably a hugely successful show, this means that there are more than 280 million Americans who AREN'T watching it. Fans of ANY TV show are, by definition, the minority. There is no such thing as a TV show that is watched by most people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.