Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
Heyy

I didnt like the black front of the iPhone 5c so i turned it into all white phone, which looks super awesome. But the screen replacement part i got has slight issue with fingerprints so i also ordered a glass screen protector with oleophobic coating. Check out thr photo! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 2,578

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
So i guessing thats an iphone 5 front. Did you have to modify it in any way?

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
So i guessing thats an iphone 5 front. Did you have to modify it in any way?

Nope, it's a specific screen replacement for iPhone 5C. I read online that the size is slightly different for the 5C and 5.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
That is a terrific looking iPhone.

I always thought a white front with a royal blue shell would also be an attractive alternative.

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
How is the screen quality of the aftermarket replacement? Colour saturation, calibration, etc?

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Looks terrible! Whites don't match and it looks like fake iphone. sorry.:confused:

I think thats why Apple didn't go with white front, they had trouble getting the colors to match.

I always wanted to do that with my iPhone 5C when I had it but glad I didn't because despite looking good, the two whites for me just wouldn't work together.

To those wondering ... no you simply cannot put a iPhone 5 front on a 5C because the connectors and especially the lcd clips where it snaps into the housing are completely redesigned on the 5C, therefore a 5 screen will not fit on the 5C.

Anyone interested, I would personally recommend this seller on eBay, we have purchased many LCD's from them in the past for family and friends iPhone 5 and 5C only, never needed the 5S so far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/36107300513...49&var=630415947689&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
How is the screen quality of the aftermarket replacement? Colour saturation, calibration, etc?

The screen quality is the same except it is actually kind of better because this one doesn't have the yellow tint when viewing white screens like settings. The original apple screen looked yellowish which i didnt like. The downside of this screen is it is a fingerprint magnet because they didnt put oleophobic coating. So i ordered a screen protector with the coating. Also maybe becaude i bought it from a chinese seller but microphone/proximity/front facing camera flex cable wasnt functioning (i bought a complete package) so i had to take the flex cable from my original parts and put it on this replacement part and then assemble this screen on the phone. So now everything is working perfectly.

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
The screen quality is the same except it is actually kind of better because this one doesn't have the yellow tint when viewing white screens like settings. The original apple screen looked yellowish which i didnt like. The downside of this screen is it is a fingerprint magnet because they didnt put oleophobic coating. So i ordered a screen protector with the coating. Also maybe becaude i bought it from a chinese seller but microphone/proximity/front facing camera flex cable wasnt functioning (i bought a complete package) so i had to take the flex cable from my original parts and put it on this replacement part and then assemble this screen on the phone. So now everything is working perfectly.

So in other words the colour balance is off and it's the traditional phone screen blue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.