Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reidl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2015
Hello everyone!
I'm new to using any type of apple script and using automator for anything. Also new to this forum so I hope someone can help!

Trying to help my mom streamline - she's a private investigator and takes a lot of photo / video. I've been attempting to automate her image importing and sorting and so far haven't been able to get it working. What I want is when her camera connects to the computer for a prompt to pop up asking what type of images she is uploading. Then based on what she selects import / download them into the right place / folder.

I've gotten so far to make the prompt work great. I set her iPhoto camera connect to Image Capture and then set her Image Capture connect to an automator application. Then running this applescript:

on run
choose from list {"Moral Compass", "SAFY", "Personal"} with prompt "Select Photo / Video Type" without multiple selections allowed and empty selection allowed
return the result as string
end run

So now when her camera connects to the computer my prompt pops up and gives the choices. Can someone help me out with where I go from here to get her selection to then import / download the images into the right place on the computer? For the first two options I'm trying to import into specific folders. For her 'Personal' pics I'm trying to get those to auto import into iPhoto.

I've got the options auto popping up when camera connects but have no clue how to get them to mean something once selected and filter these files.

Any suggestions?
:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.