Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Original poster
I love panoramic images and after creating three more today, I figure I'll share them with everyone. Everyone, share your panoramic pictures!

---

This is taken while I volunteered in New Orleans a few weeks ago. It's of the Van Hanh Buddhist Temple, and it illustrates the magnitude of the cleanup done still. in the few days that we worked there, the pile of trash stretching across the front of the temple is a bit overwhelming. Actually the line stretches about 1/4 more over to the right of the image. There's everything from insulation to sheetrock to shingles to refrigerators.

Another overwhelming picture of how much trash can accumulate, this at another worksite in New Orleans, the Church of Our Lady La-Vang. In one day, me and everyone else from my school (10 others) sorted through thousands of chairs, throwing away half which is shown here. The chairs that were kept took two days to power wash everything ... so much work done, and so much work yet to be done.

---

And this is from today, randomly stopped by my old elementary school and had a look around. I still remember running out those doors on the left to play in the middle playground, altho' I remember wood playsets instead of plastic, and an amazing tire swing. We used to play football and soccer back behind the playgrounds, or make forts by the fence on the right. Speaking of back and right, I remember going sledding down the hill way back there ... ah good times.

This is at the Coon Rapids Dam over the Mississippi River by my house. Looking down, seeing the big island in the middle and the two smaller ones on either side is amazing, plus the sound of water is nice, if not loud. The sun was messing up my exposures on the right half, thank you very much!

This is on the other side of the dam, and it's a serene contrast to the turbulent waters. On the left is my hometown's water tower (Brooklyn Park) and on the east side of the river you can see ice and snow still there, even through the unseasonably mild temperatures lately (30 days in a row above average)

---

These pictures were all taken by me on a Lumix FX-9, and stitched together with ArcSoft's Panorama Maker 3 (horrible software IMO), then autoleveled in Photoshop CS and resized for web, 80% JPEG.

I kinda wish the faint bands aren't there, but I'm not sure how much more I can do with them. Plus I wish the FX-9 has a panorama mode, that way the exposures are locked for a more even image. But these images are amazing, both in detail and beauty I think.

What do you think?
-OA

Kyle Nerder

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2005
Toronto
i love your panoramas! I love building them. my cannon came with a app to build 'em.

This isn't that big of one, but it was made up of 5 pics or so. I made it a few years ago.

Attachments

• aaronpondjump.jpg
    aaronpondjump.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 246

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Nice panoramas, Over and Kyle. I was confused by the snow pictures thinking Over lived near the MS River in La until seeing your actual home state.

For us hobbyist shooters I personally feel a lot can be forgiven if a panorama isn't perfectly exposed, etc., We can learn a lot about the process every time and I'm glad to see new panoramas posted here.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Good stuff Over Achiever! I shot this pano of Cape Harbour here in Southwest Florida with my Nikon D70s and 360Precision Panoramic tripod head. 6 around plus 1 up.

Attachments

• capeharbour.jpg
    capeharbour.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 237

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Cooknn said:
Good stuff Over Achiever! I shot this pano of Cape Harbour here in Southwest Florida with my Nikon D70s and 360Precision Panoramic tripod head. 6 around plus 1 up.
That's very good. I wish I had your equipment :cool:

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Trailridge Road, CO

Looking west at the highest elevation of the road (over 10,000 feet as I recall) taken in late Sept 2005. Notable only because it was handheld (without much oxygen it seemed like a good idea), seeing the higher areas above the tree line, and in a couple more weeks the road was closed for the winter.

Attachments

• TrailridgeHwyCO.jpg
    TrailridgeHwyCO.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 109

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Here is my first attempt.

Taken at Baux-de-Provence in France, October 2007.

6 pics stitched together.

EDIT: i did some slight editing to the pic and re-uploaded to Flickr

3217830306_6b0e67ccb0_b.jpg

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Took these with the iphone.

Burlington, NJ

New Jersey Motorsports Park, Thunderbolt track

New Jersey Motorsports Park, Lightning Track

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Beautiful. I'm going to try my hand at panos soon I think. I live in such a geographically boring place (Indianapolis)...except for that I love it though.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
Great shot, bartelby. My wife and I stayed overnight in Brighton after our plane had an emergency landing at Gatwick. Only saw the pier at night, and even then we were exhausted.

This panorama of the Bay of Chaleur was comped from five verticals in PS.

Attachments

• dalhousie.jpg
    dalhousie.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
Ooooh, I've got a few:

Off London Bridge:

At the Latitude festival in Suffolk, a couple of years back:

A Wonky one of Vienna:

And a long one of London

Whatcha think?

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
The first one is from a 40 mile bike ride I did in '07. The second one was taken at Alyeska Ski Resort a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• resurrection.jpg
    resurrection.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 86
  • alyeska.jpg
    alyeska.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.