Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wek

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
Denmark
Hi

I recently bought a MacBook Pro

Yosemite
MacbookPro
2.6 Intel I5
8 gb ram
Intel iris 1536 MB

I have always been a PC gamer, but I have sold my PC and dont want to game so much anymore (have a PS4 to game on)

But I want to game Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 EE on Mac (I have bought them both)

It's not easy with my magic mouse :D

What you recommend me to install windows on my Mac and play in windows, og just play in OS Yosemite ? :)

Thanks

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
If the games in question are the ones you aforementioned, there's no reason to bother with windows at all. They'll play just fine on your machine under OS X.

soulsyphon

macrumors regular
May 3, 2014
also you don't need to use apple magic mouse... you can use any pc mouse with your mac... logitech and razer have osx software for example... non popular mice can work with apps called "smooth mouse" or "usb overdrive"

oneshotpro

Suspended
Aug 13, 2014
You cant even play certain games with magic mouse as some games require both left/right click at the same time.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I'd suggest getting a Razer mouse. I use the Death Adder to play World of Warcraft and it's fine.

Attachments

• deathadder.png
    deathadder.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 448

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
You actually tried gaming with a magic mouse, wow :) Get any PC mouse, the magic mouse is not a good experience

fuchsdh

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2014
I've been gaming on a Magic mouse recently after my old Microsoft model broke, and it's not that bad, but unfortunately I've got a tricky desk surface for it—heavily polished cherry, with wide-spaced and deep wood grain. It makes precise movements at times tricky, and my old mouse pad just forced me to crank up the sensitivity to extreme levels to try and compensate. At my work desk with its crappy IKEA top, there's no wood grain to futz with it and it works fine.

Looking to get a Razer, although I really wish for simpler days when your mouse didn't need onboard memory and an app... at least Razer has better OS X support than Logitech for all its mice.

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Considering the mice I want from Logitech can’t use the OS X version of their gaming software, I’m going to stick with my original statement.

Which mouse? I have logitech G700s and it has Mac software. Battery sucks though.

fuchsdh

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2014
Which mouse? I have logitech G700s and it has Mac software. Battery sucks though.

Going through all their gaming models, only the G602 is specifically listed as Mac OS X compatible. Some of the others say that the Logitech Gaming Software will work with it, but that's different from the PC-only flavor of Gaming Software which is compatible with all of them. If you're in the market for more than three button mice, your options are heavily limited. Meanwhile the Razors have the stupid cloud requirement, but they support every mouse they currently sell on OS X (except for the PS/2 model they have. Which amazes me—people are still using PS/2 peripherals in 2015?)

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Going through all their gaming models, only the G602 is specifically listed as Mac OS X compatible. Some of the others say that the Logitech Gaming Software will work with it, but that's different from the PC-only flavor of Gaming Software which is compatible with all of them. If you're in the market for more than three button mice, your options are heavily limited. Meanwhile the Razors have the stupid cloud requirement, but they support every mouse they currently sell on OS X (except for the PS/2 model they have. Which amazes me—people are still using PS/2 peripherals in 2015?)

What are you looking for from the Logitech Gaming Software? Not sure of the difference from the Windows from the OS X version but with my G700s I can change the layout and assign whatever keys or macro to it.

Just saw the update for the software now supports a few more models.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013

Logitech Gaming Software for Mac works with all of these:

• G100s Optical Gaming Mouse
• G11 Gaming Keyboard
• G13 Advanced Gameboard
• G15 Gaming Keyboard
• G15 Gaming Keyboard
• G19 Keyboard for Gaming
• G19s Gaming Keyboard
• G300s Optical Gaming Mouse
• G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse
• G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
• G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse
• G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
• G502 PROTEUS CORE Tunable Gaming Mouse
• G510s Gaming Keyboard
• G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
• G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
• G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
• G710 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
• G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
• G9 Laser Mouse
• G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
• G9x Laser Mouse
• Gaming Combo G100
• Gaming Keyboard G105
• Gaming Keyboard G105: Made for Call of Duty
• Gaming Keyboard G110
• Gaming Keyboard G510
• Gaming Mouse G300
• Gaming Mouse G500
• Laser Mouse G9X: Made for Call of Duty
• Logitech Gaming Software
• MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse
• Optical Gaming Mouse G400
• Wireless Gaming Mouse G700

Here is where to find the list:

PedRaw9.png

By the way, PS2 is useful for keyboards. It supports full N-key rollover and is the fastest way of getting a keystroke to the computer.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I also have a Razer Deathadder and it's super comfortable. Didn't even install any drivers, it's just a five button mouse and all programs recognize all the buttons. Plug & play all the way.

fuchsdh

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2014
Logitech Gaming Software for Mac works with all of these:

• G100s Optical Gaming Mouse
• G11 Gaming Keyboard
• G13 Advanced Gameboard
• G15 Gaming Keyboard
• G15 Gaming Keyboard
• G19 Keyboard for Gaming
• G19s Gaming Keyboard
• G300s Optical Gaming Mouse
• G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse
• G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
• G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse
• G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
• G502 PROTEUS CORE Tunable Gaming Mouse
• G510s Gaming Keyboard
• G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
• G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
• G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
• G710 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
• G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
• G9 Laser Mouse
• G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
• G9x Laser Mouse
• Gaming Combo G100
• Gaming Keyboard G105
• Gaming Keyboard G105: Made for Call of Duty
• Gaming Keyboard G110
• Gaming Keyboard G510
• Gaming Mouse G300
• Gaming Mouse G500
• Laser Mouse G9X: Made for Call of Duty
• Logitech Gaming Software
• MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse
• Optical Gaming Mouse G400
• Wireless Gaming Mouse G700

Here is where to find the list:

By the way, PS2 is useful for keyboards. It supports full N-key rollover and is the fastest way of getting a keystroke to the computer.

Huh annoying that its product list has different information than the other support docs. But then again I've been finding that a problem recently with quite a few products in my office. The more you know.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Huh annoying that its product list has different information than the other support docs. But then again I've been finding that a problem recently with quite a few products in my office. The more you know.

I've personally used the software with the MX518, G402, G502, and G602. Works fine with all of them. I wish the G710+ keyboard came in a tenkeyless variety.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.