Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Even when I changed the emoji to my preferred color, whenever someone sends me a text with emoji in it, or I see it on Twitter, it is yellow. Is there any way to set the color across the OS?

Thanks

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Even when I changed the emoji to my preferred color, whenever someone sends me a text with emoji in it, or I see it on Twitter, it is yellow. Is there any way to set the color across the OS?

Thanks

I think emoji work like fonts. When you send a yellow emoji, the recipient should see a yellow emoji. When you send a black emoji, the recipient should also see a black emoji. What kind of emoji you see depends on which one the sender used, not on which one you’d prefer to see. The yellow emoji are used as defaults for backwards compatibility, presumably to avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
How did you change the color?

Press and hold.

Emoji-iOS-8.3-Beta-4.jpg

Mafro

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007

Thanks
Was wondering the same thing myself. The yellow ones just look odd now.

leo8877

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
Any idea why the family emojis are not changing skin/hair? The ones with the mix adults and kids.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Any idea why the family emojis are not changing skin/hair? The ones with the mix adults and kids.

Probably because there would be too many family options. The families emojis would have to have unlimited options in regards to skin tones, etc for each family member.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.