Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSrvant21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
How do I locate a network printer through a windows computer via wireless router? Some have said to use bonjour, but i must be missing something. Please help. I tried adding printer by going thru printer setup utility,IP printer/IPP/then typed in IP address of printer. But it doesnt go through.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MacSrvant21 said:
How do I locate a network printer through a windows computer via wireless router? Some have said to use bonjour, but i must be missing something. Please help. I tried adding printer by going thru printer setup utility,IP printer/IPP/then typed in IP address of printer. But it doesnt go through.

Make sure you have installed the OS X drive for the Windows printer. Then open Printer Setup Utility. Click "Add" to open the Printer Browser. The printer should show up in the list.

If it doesn't, click the "More Printers" button at the bottom of the Printer Browser. At the top of this window are two pop up menus. Select "Windows Printing" from the first one and your network from the second one. You'll have to feel your way through this. But the printer should hopefully show up somewhere, eventually.

It's been a while since I did this at my office. This should get you pointed in the right direction.

MacSrvant21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Thanks!

thanks! it took me awhile because i couldnt find where the driver was installed. But it works great! :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.