Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malikk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Hello,
I have heard of some issues with the wifi. I was just wondering if anyone had any issues with Windows 7 Pro WiFi. I just installed it and it was unable to find conections but it did show up as the broadcom driver. I reinstalled the drivers and rebooted and it seems to work now. But sometimes when i log in it does not work and goes back to "unable to find connections".

Has anyone had any issues like this or something similar. Maybe some drivers are corrupted for boot camp or anything like that?

Thanks for your responses!

teffers

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm also having issues connecting via Wifi in my Windows 7 bootcamp.

Not sure if it's related though.

It's not the machine because I've been through a few of them (with different non-related faults) and they all had the same problem.

9/10 times it will see the connection but simply refuses to connect, or it will connect with limited connectivity and no useable connection.

This ONLY happens on my home wifi connection. Everywhere else I've tried it connects fine - it will even connect fine when the BC partition is used via a VM in Parallels 8.

It just doesn't seem to like my router.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Well, ive had these problems but sorted it out. Yes its the macbook but the way i fixed wifi issues was changing the router channel from auto to 13 (or any other single channel may work for you)

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
same thing.. When I log in, the wireless adapter is there, but it's disabled and there's no way to enable it.. It gets fixed after restarting the computer

Shapiraman

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
Same Problem Windows 7 + 8

I have almost the same problem i installed windows 7 and then tried again with windows 8

at the first time the windows loaded the Wifi works great but after restart i cant find wifi connections anymore ? (same problem in win 7 + 8)

:apple:

the newest boot camp is installed

anyone have manage to solve it ?

Thank you !

Macbook Air 13" i5 1.3Ghz 128Gb 8GB

silverf1re

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
I was having connectivity issues with ny netgear router on win 7. It seemed to be related to the encryption type. I enabled a guest unsecured network and its working. Im hoping bootcamp drivers are updated soon

budgynana

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
I had wifi issues on my first install. For some reason the Bootcamp utility didn't download the most up to date drivers - the drivers were from April instead of June and I didn't notice until everything was installed and I realised there was no wifi - so I had to download them and install them myself. This worked until I restarted and found the incorrect drivers were back in place. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the new ones to stick so I just started from fresh, making sure my Win 7 USB stick only had the June Bootcamp files on it, and it's all been good ever since.

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
did 5 times install/boot camp of win:
1) Win 8 no issues, wi fi fine, but ****ed up my OSX and efi
2) After recovery Win 7, No issues, wi fi fine but win 8 ghost still present and ****s up my current win instalation
3) New Win 7, Wi fi just dont work after 10 reboots still nothing
4) New Win 7, Wi fi just dont work as well after rebooting several times
5) New Win 7, Wi fi just dont work, but after rebooting safe mode with networking and booting back in regular mode wi fi just works fine up to this time

All this over course of 24 hours :)

malikk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Still haven't figured any fixes out. Sometimes it sees the WIFI (and I'm talking ANY wifi connection not just my own) sometimes it doesn't.

So Sometimes i go in and there's a red X by the wifi connection saying "no connections available" while sometimes allt he connections are available. Whenever there are connections things connect fine. When there's not, nothing to do but reboot and hope it works.

I have had NO issues on OS X. Just Win 7.

----------

I had wifi issues on my first install. For some reason the Bootcamp utility didn't download the most up to date drivers - the drivers were from April instead of June and I didn't notice until everything was installed and I realised there was no wifi - so I had to download them and install them myself. This worked until I restarted and found the incorrect drivers were back in place. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the new ones to stick so I just started from fresh, making sure my Win 7 USB stick only had the June Bootcamp files on it, and it's all been good ever since.

I will check my bootcamp drivers date. Maybe that is the issue.

malikk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Hello budgynana,

I went to the Broadcom 802.11ac drivers and it is driver date 4/26/2013 and driver version 6.30.223.75

boot camp is version 5.0

Are these the wrong ones then? Where did you get the correct drivers from... boot camp software support is only up till march. Did you just go to Broadcom's site and put them in the drivers areas in boot camp software?

teffers

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2013
United Kingdom
I haven't :confused:

I've installed W7 bootcamp on 3x Macbook Air 2013s and it's the same on all of them I've tried.

When in W7 it either won't see any networks or it sees them but won't connect / stay connected / or has limited connectivity.

Then, out of the blue (like right now) it will connect without issue and work normally.

I've tried selecting a manual channel on my router but it's still the same.

My drivers are April also.

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
for me shutdown from win and boot via alt key works everytime when wi fi ****s up

budgynana

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
I went to the Broadcom 802.11ac drivers and it is driver date 4/26/2013 and driver version 6.30.223.75

OK, sorry scratch what I said... partially anyway. Those are the drivers that are currently working for me, but they didn't originally.

When I first installed and had dodgy wifi the setup.exe in the Bootcamp folder on my USB installer was dated April - sorry can't remember exact date.

When I reran the Bootcamp utility to get the latest software and drivers the date of the setup.exe and drivers changed to 6/6 - this is why I thought I was using June drivers, sorry about that. After running the Bootcamp driver installer I had wifi working until I restarted and it then stopped working again.

As the fix didn't seem permanent rather than persist with trying to fix this random working/not working I went and did a full reinstall and magically it's now working consistently between reboots.

Are people manually downloading the Bootcamp drivers or using the Bootcamp utility to update the installer for them? I believe you're supposed to use the utility to do it all for you. Now I don't know why it didn't work for me originally, but it is now.

februaries

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Same thing here. 2013 MBA with new Windows 8 install. Can't find any wifi connections even though the drivers are installed correctly. Reinstalling drivers and rebooting does not seem to help. The only time the wifi worked was right after installation. I think some windows updates installed after that and it hasn't worked since.

mbafan

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
As far as I can tell it is smth connected with device not powering off from OSX, hence each time after full shutdown (not restart) and booting in win it is ok

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
As far as I can tell it is smth connected with device not powering off from OSX, hence each time after full shutdown (not restart) and booting in win it is ok

correct.

I ended up with the same conclusion..

If you restart / change starting disk and restart, it won't work. You'll see the message "no connections available".

The solution is: shut down and then during your Mac's starting sound, press ALT and boot windows manually.

teffers

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2013
United Kingdom
Thanks for the work-around guys :)

I've just (earlier today - got fed up with the wifi hassle) installed VMware Fusion so I have cloned the BC partition (then deleted it) - might stick a cheeky 30GB W7 back on to test the theory, as it were :D

teffers

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2013
United Kingdom
correct.

I ended up with the same conclusion..

If you restart / change starting disk and restart, it won't work. You'll see the message "no connections available".

The solution is: shut down and then during your Mac's starting sound, press ALT and boot windows manually.

Just given this a try.

Created a new BC partition for Win7 and installed the drivers etc.

Turned the machine off, booted straight to Win7 - still only get the connected but exclamation triangle of doom. Tried a few more times but the behaviour is no different for me.

Still dodgy wifi in Win7 BC.

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Just given this a try.

Created a new BC partition for Win7 and installed the drivers etc.

Turned the machine off, booted straight to Win7 - still only get the connected but exclamation triangle of doom. Tried a few more times but the behaviour is no different for me.

Still dodgy wifi in Win7 BC.

Triangle? Isn't that an IP address problem?

try setting it manually

Is the WiFi adapter working? Do you see your network? Do you have signal?

teffers

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2013
United Kingdom
It can be an IP addressing issue but not always.

I see all the available connections so the adapter looks to be working to an extent.

I have a static IP address reservation for all my equipment.

I'll have a further look into it at work today.

I get the feeling there might be more than one issue - some people see no available connections whilst others just can't connect properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.