Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trive

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Hi guys,
I'm Mark and I have an iMac 17 inch with SuperDrive.
I can burn DVDs-R (and I've just burnt a DVD...) and I'd like to know something about DVDs-RW.... (I haven't found yet somebody who can tell me anything about them...).
(I've got Toast)
Someone there knows what kind of DVD-RW can I use on my iMac with SuperDrive without destroying it?
I've asked at a shop and they told me that there were different kinds of DVDs-RW... and there's not a standard..... so I had to see on the iMac box... but there's only written "CD RW/ DVD RW"....

Anyone can help me?

Anyone burns DVDs-RW with SuperDrive?

Thanks a million.

Mark.

P.S.: My mac has got to pixels dead; somebody ever had the mac changed for "only" two pixels? They're quite annoying.........

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Well, i can't help you with the DVD-RW issue, but about the pixels...

I'm afraid that 2 dead pixels won't score you a new one. I think 1-10 is a cautionary expectation with LCDs. Have you tried to gently rub the dead pixels? Sometimes they will come back.

Regards,
Gus

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
The superdrive supports DVD-RW just fine. Apple's software does not. So you need something like toast to make use of it.

re: standards: DVD-R and DVD-RW work. DVD+r and DVD+rw do not.

trive

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Thanks for the suggestions

I tried to rub (very carefully) around the dead pixels two days ago but I think they're never gonna come back.....

Anyway, thanks a lot for the suggestions: today I'm gonna burn a DVD RW...

Thanks a million!

TRIVE.

PS: well, I got another doubt.... Do you know why my Mac (and maybe also yours) with Mac OS 10.2.3 at the startup stands for 30 seconds on "Waiting for network initialization"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.