Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Windam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
does the imovie app support avi, divx, ogg, and mkv files?

thanks for any assistance given.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Windam said:
does the imovie app support avi, divx, ogg, and mkv files?

thanks for any assistance given.
iMovie can accept just about any content as source material so long as you have the QuickTime codec to support it.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
MisterMe said:
iMovie can accept just about any content as source material so long as you have the QuickTime codec to support it.
Yeah, the previously linked page is a bit mesleading until you get to the bottom of the page:

iMovie HD also allows you to import most QuickTime-compatible formats. For more information on how to do this, click here. If you need to mix different footage formats from multiple cameras, click here to find out how to use them all together in one iMovie HD project.
I've used iMovie & iDVD 5 to make DVDs from the mini-movies in MJPEG my digital camera makes.

B

Windam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
that deffinately reassures me because I plan on making AMVs (Animation Music Videos) with a Core Duo iMac.

Windam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
steelfist said:
which series? :p

lemme know. i love AMVs ;)
Mobile Suit Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Air, Naruto, Elfen Lied and many more.

I'm gonna put in a the upgrade for a 500GB hard drive, I just want to be sure everything works when I get the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.