Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
How is this possible?

060307_holmes_vmed_3p.widec.jpg

According to IMDb, Katie Holmes is 5' 9" tall... Tom Cruise is 5' 7" tall. Yet, in this picture, he appears to be at least 2" taller. Is he wearing lifts? Did they make Katie stand in a trench when they shot this picture?

Good grief.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Yes, he is.

When Tom and Nicole split, she made an off the cuff remark about finally being able to wear high heels again. It's also a pretty prevalent rumor that he wears shoes with platforms in them for most of his films, and that camera angles are shot in a manner to make him look taller (think John Rhys-Davies in the LOTR trilogy, except taller and not shorter).

Hmmm... I wonder if his insecurity about his height is also related to Scientology somehow? :p

[Edit]: Is it me, or does Katie look *really strung out* in that photo? I wonder if this is also related to Scientology somehow? :p

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
FoxyKaye said:
... Is it me, or does Katie look *really strung out* in that photo? ...
He was standing on her foot to get the extra lift. Secret levitation technique acquired only after years of instruction, studying truth, and acting classes.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
FoxyKaye said:
[Edit]: Is it me, or does Katie look *really strung out* in that photo? I wonder if this is also related to Scientology somehow? :p

She's with Tom Cruise, there has to be something wrong with her. I imagine Tom Cruise has insecurities. But he has fans to help him make up for it -
From A Tom Cruise website:

"Tom Cruise has a lot of things, Tom Cruise has a yacht, a summer home, and a fleet of Mercedes. Tom Cruises is an incredible human being. Tom Cruise can shoot lasers from his eyes and fly. Tom Cruise controls the weather."

Tom Cruise will sue us all now ...

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
uggg Tom Cruise is a douche. Seriously what happened to this guy? Even 3 years ago he was simply an A-List hollywood actor, yet in the last year or so he's turned into a weirdo. I gotta wonder if in 10 years time he'll get up to Michael Jackson weirdness.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
My mom is like obsessed with Tom Cruise, well, not obsessed, but loves him.

I don't really like him. After the like depression thingy he said... I don't think I'll be paying any more attention to him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.