Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
"Good news for the Apple boss: From April 2003 through January 2004, some "turbo-cosmic energy" will bring on "an unprecedented surge of creativity" that Miller says will result in well-received new products. The sweet spot will be in August 2003, when Miller says he'll be able to announce "breakthrough news," involving a deal with Apple and a major partner. Think different, indeed."

Found this here....
FORBES

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hmmm

Sorry for the DP but...

Could this "major partner" be Phillips? Dang, I wish apple could be a little earlier on this announcement.

Oh yea, to read the article, click the banner that says "The Signs of CEO Success" (kinda looks like an advertisement)

You have to wait about 90 seconds for the section on S Jobs.

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
Steve Jobs, Pisces
Feb. 24, 1955
"Turbo-cosmic energy" will give the Apple boss "an unprecedented surge of creativity" from April 2003 through January 2004. Next August he'll be able to announce "breakthrough news "-a deal with a major partner or the government.

Umm... Astrology? Your kidding right.

-Doc

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
turbo cosmic energy plus reality distortion field=?

I don't know about you, but I'd be looking for that big Asteroid about that time...

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
IBM will have the 970 about ready by then. They're more than likely the new partner that the article mentions.

I thought IBM has been a long time partner? They must be referring to someone different.

Talon1138

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2002
what about...

What about Sony.

First, Apply aspires to be like them.
Second, Philips is partnering with Apple on Rendevous...so what? Apple could partner with Sony and make all sony products (TVs, DVD players, etc) rendevous compatable and put firewire 2 ports in a lot of them. That would be a hell of a lot better than with just Philips.

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Re: what about...

Originally posted by Talon1138
What about Sony.

First, Apply aspires to be like them.
Second, Philips is partnering with Apple on Rendevous...so what? Apple could partner with Sony and make all sony products (TVs, DVD players, etc) rendevous compatable and put firewire 2 ports in a lot of them. That would be a hell of a lot better than with just Philips.

I could see Apple doing what you're saying - working with Sony to make sure its products are compatible with Apple technologies. I don't think you'll ever see a cobranded Apple/Sony product, though - both companies pride themselves on product design too much to share credit like this. I could see a cobranded Apple/Philips product, though, since Philps has the manufacturing capability and distribution channels, and Apple has the great design team.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.