Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Only by using the program Pacifist and your os x dvd. Pacifist can pull ical off of there for you i believe.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's not necessarily the best solution to a corrupt iCal though. Assuming you haven't deleted it, there are other techniques like deleting preference files that may be easier and potentially safer. :)

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
This thread: iCal Calendars Disappearing from Menu tells you what I've been going through.

Why do you need Pacifist? After really poking around on the Tiger disc, I found the iCal install pkg. It installed iCal fine...unfortunately, my problem appears to be one of my calendars.

I deleted the calendar in question...everything was fine. I synced with my Palm. No problems. I recreated the calendar from scratch, synced with Palm. Corrupt again.

So, for the moment, I have stopped using Missing Sync, and started just using iSync—no problems so far...I wish iSync was decent enough to truly sync my calendars (especially putting them into proper categories and whatnot)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.