Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

achie25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
I just made my first web site with iweb but I get an error message when I try to publish to .mac.

It says:

Publish error
An error occured while publishinng file "navbar_separator_0.png"

I assume it is something to do with the navigation bar but I used a template from iweb and I am not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Have you tried quitting iWeb and then reopening it? I had some problems with iWeb publishing that were fine once I reopened the app however my error message wasn't as specific.

achie25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
I got it fixed. I redid the page that had the error (kinnd of a pain) and it fixed it. I was just hoping that there was an easier and quicker fix. Oh well.

DaudKhan

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2006
update issue

I recently got the update for iweb and after that was installed was no longer able to publish. Had to uninstall it all and then install it again, but don't want to get anymore updates! Has anyone experienced this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Try resetting the preferences first by dragging com.apple.iWeb.plist to the Desktop whilst iWeb is closed.

If it comes to this, a reinstall of iWeb really should involve dragging the app to the Trash and then reloading it from the iLife disks. However, there may be a better solution. :)

DaudKhan

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2006
thanks--I reinstalled iweb and it works great again, but just not sure what to do about updates. I guess I'll try it again when I have time to re-reinstall if it fails again. will keep the preferences thing in mind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.