Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williamw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Well i got bored (like usual:rolleyes: ) and fiddled around in photoshop, and ended up with this! ( I know it aint great, go easy on me :)) ( i like the Red Drop Apple)
102857171_d34e28a3ce_b.jpg

Its that iPod that was speculated earlier!
(sorry if the image is too big)

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I like the idea. Might need to be a little more red though, sorta looks orange on my screen. I like the Apple symbol in the drop though, why not have the drop be completely round on the bottom? Why the square edge?

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
swell mock up there. I don't mind the lack of roundness as wwooden mentioned, but the click wheel looks a little too "red", it makes the Nano look more red orange... better than anything i can do so i mean don't take it personally. i have no photo editing skills at all :eek:

williamw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I know it is a little too orange-ish, but i thought it made it look more blood like(which is what i was going for), and the drop originaly was un-squared but i like it this way:p

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
nice mock up.
if anything though, as pointed out, the click-wheel should be more dulled down as it would have a matte-finish to it rather than plastic/gloss.

but nevertheless awesome job.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Why do you need a mock up?

Courtesy of Colorware, the new U2 iPod nano....
11_01_9.jpg

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
puckhead193 said:
i don't think apple will give 100% to charity..... maybe 20% :rolleyes:

AGH! I was going to say that. Yeah honestly that's the only thing I have wrong w/ the mock up... This is Apple we're talking about, they're not nearly that generous... As for the iPod, I really like what you did with it, I like that shade of red. Nice work.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Rocksaurus said:
This is Apple we're talking about, they're not nearly that generous...

What makes you say that? They did donate 100 percent of their share of the proceeds of all US sales for Coldplay's "Fix You" EP to American Red Cross Hurricane 2005 Relief and the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences’ MusiCares Hurricane Relief Fund as well as all the proceeds from the "Across the Universe" single going to the Southeast Asia tsunami relief efforts.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Glenn Wolsey said:
That U2 Nano is hot!

There are a good number of color combinations to choose from at Colorware's website. They do a very nice job at their location in Minnesota.

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
dejo said:
What makes you say that? They did donate 100 percent of their share of the proceeds of all US sales for Coldplay's "Fix You" EP to American Red Cross Hurricane 2005 Relief and the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences’ MusiCares Hurricane Relief Fund as well as all the proceeds from the "Across the Universe" single going to the Southeast Asia tsunami relief efforts.

You're right, Apple's not a company about money, or margins, or the bottom line. They're a feel-good, money doesn't matter company. God I was so blind. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.