Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisregentb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Hi, I'm having trouble with my powermac G4 mirrored door running 10.3.9 I purchased this when it first came out. It runs great almost as good as the Quicksilver G4's. Anyway It has a Combo Drive as well as A Super Drive built in. They worked fine until recently when It just stopped working. I created a new user, thinking it was a user error, but the same problem, the system just can't find it. I replaced the ribbon cable thinking it was the cable that died, but still the same problem. Until I plug in either one or the other, they both won't be visible at the same time. Their both on the same chain, but I don't see why the system wouldn't like the way their set up, via master, slave. Since they were working fine for years. I can either plug one or the other for them to be visible, they won't work together. Any ideas? Thanks

Chris

iPhil

macrumors 68040
chrisregentb said:
Hi, I'm having trouble with my powermac G4 mirrored door running 10.3.9 I purchased this when it first came out. It runs great almost as good as the Quicksilver G4's. Anyway It has a Combo Drive as well as A Super Drive built in. They worked fine until recently when It just stopped working. I created a new user, thinking it was a user error, but the same problem, the system just can't find it. I replaced the ribbon cable thinking it was the cable that died, but still the same problem. Until I plug in either one or the other, they both won't be visible at the same time. Their both on the same chain, but I don't see why the system wouldn't like the way their set up, via master, slave. Since they were working fine for years. I can either plug one or the other for them to be visible, they won't work together. Any ideas? Thanks

Chris

Check on the brand of dvd+rw/-rw and cds

the brand might be the issue of not burning dvds or cds ..

buy another brand and see if that clears up the problem

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
iphil said:
Check on the brand of dvd+rw/-rw and cds

the brand might be the issue of not burning dvds or cds ..

buy another brand and see if that clears up the problem

I agree, I would check the brand because it does make a difference sometimes when it comes to burning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.