Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewheard

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I wrote a little application that removes the recovered files from the trash can at startup because so many people have been complaining about it and it annoyed me too. Last time I put the program online I got a review saying "does not work on my g5 and g5PB under 10.4.2" even though there is no such thing as a g5pb, must be a typo. Well I think the user may have thought it wasn't working because there is no on screen notification that its doing anything. I just want to make sure that it does work for other people. If you want to test it out just make a Recovered Files folder in your trash can and see if they are deleted when you double click the program.

RecoverTrasher

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Hmm, unknown files from newbies. We all know what happened last time. Could someone who isn't scared analyze this for us?

andrewheard

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Oh ya, I forgot about that incident. If you are afraid then you can go to show package contents and look at the applescript file lurking inside.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
andrewheard said:
Oh ya, I forgot about that incident. If you are afraid then you can go to show package contents and look at the applescript file lurking inside.

Haha, I know. I was just busting you. Yea your program seems to work just fine for me. ;)

andrewheard

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks so much. 1 last question if you don't mind. Did you think I made the instructions easy enough to follow? The problem is that I easily know what to do...its just writing the instructions so that dumb people can use it too.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
The instructions were very easy to follow for me, but you never know with some of the dummies who use computers. :rolleyes:

andrewheard

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks again for your help. I guess I'll submit it to MacUpdate tonight. I hope I get more than 1 review and hopefully its a little more positive. The last version had 200 and some downloads but still only 1 reply. Someone on this forum said that people will only make comments if they are having problems so hopefully the other 200 people were O.K.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
andrewheard said:
Thanks again for your help. I guess I'll submit it to MacUpdate tonight. I hope I get more than 1 review and hopefully its a little more positive. The last version had 200 and some downloads but still only 1 reply. Someone on this forum said that people will only make comments if they are having problems so hopefully the other 200 people were O.K.
Yeah, don't let comments on software posting sites get to you. The ones who have complains are much more likely to comment and often they comment based on presumptions that are way off.

andrewheard

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I told some of my friends about the program and they gave me some reviews which boosted my score a bit. MacUpdate. I just figured out tonight that if I recompile the script I can make the app universal. I guess I'll have to put out another update in the near future but maybe I should get someone with an intel mac to try it first.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
andrewheard said:
Don't let it bother you. I've had well over 2000 downloads through VT and MU and I've got exactly one review - fortunately it's a 5 star;)

The thing about VT and MU is that there's a group of people that will slag off anything that's not perfect, doesn't change their life or requires any form of thought on their part.... and of course the developer has to do all for free. They are a small minority but they make a lot of noise. They seem to have nothing better to do but sit on VT or MU all day downloading stuff, trying it for around 6 seconds then slate it in a review...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.