Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
When I first did all my non-iTMS tracks, I'd been using Synergy for a while so I just looked in its folder for all the album covers and applied them back to iTunes.

Now I use the Album Art widget if a song comes up that doesn't have a cover associated with it and it adds the art to the song/album if I want to.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
vprp said:
I was wondering where everyone gets their album art from?

I used to search amazon.com but last week, I found this album art search.

Any other good sites out there?

Pimping your new site? Fix the glaring typo on the home page. Not to mention the broken links. Sorry, this hasn't passed Auality Control.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Kernow said:
Ahem.. :p

Another option is Clutter, which can do an automatic search of Amazon and import the pictures into iTunes.

Ahem, that's how they spell quality on the site.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    10 KB · Views: 135

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Kernow said:
Another option is Clutter, which can do an automatic search of Amazon and import the pictures into iTunes.

That is what I use to find my album art and it works great. I havent had any issue with finding the art for any of my albums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I use a dashboard widgit and it see's what track is playing in my itunes and loads the image from that album. Simply click on to apply and it applies the image to that album. Painless, quick and efficient..

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
The widget took too long. I just spent a couple of days going through all my albums making sure that there was album art. IF there wasn't, I let google images do the work. That worked out better b/c I could pick the resolution and image that I wanted. Plus, if there wasn't an album, I could choose the appropriate pic...

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Manually from Amazon or even scanned if I can't find it - I'm a bit fussy about quality and accuracy of covers!

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
ipacmm said:
Just downloaded that...so far it works great with my 8K song music collection.

It's a peach - it's probably one of the best apps on my iBook - smart, simple and fast...

Apple should buy this from the developer and build a new menu entry into iTunes alongside 'Get CD Track Names'

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
bense27@gmail.c said:
doesn't anybody just use google or am i the only one?
Google images is great for finding lots of indie stuff that might no longer be on amazon and was never on iTMS. You can often find a review of a CD or even the artist's page that has the cover on it. I've had to go that route or even :eek: scan my own for lots of my CDs.

B

bense27

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
Clinton, NY
balamw said:
Google images is great for finding lots of indie stuff that might no longer be on amazon and was never on iTMS. You can often find a review of a CD or even the artist's page that has the cover on it. I've had to go that route or even :eek: scan my own for lots of my CDs.

B
Every CD I have ever typed into google images has come up so I don't see the point for using these other programs or sites.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
bense27 said:
Every CD I have ever typed into google images has come up so I don't see the point for using these other programs or sites.
Consistency is a big deal for me in my album art. I like mine 300x300 and clear and bright. Many of the images I can find on Google images are not up to the consistent quality and consistency I find from the other sources.

Sometimes I don't like what I find on iTMS so I go t Amazon or vice/versa.

B

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
FetchArt is fantastic for getting large numbers of 'arts' in a very short time - try it, it will save you hours. I google imaged the albums that it couldn't find, and agree this is a fine way to go, but it's very time consuming. FetchArt does it all with a a couple of clicks and then you're only left with the obscure ones to find manually.

If i was scoring it, I'd give it a thoroughly deserved five mice.

OneEyedWonder

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2006
Hello all...new the forum.

Anyway, I use iTunes for windows and I'm about to upgrade my current 3G iPod with a new 30GB Black 5G. I am now going through all my music files to make sure I have the right album art for each song/album.

I've read in this thread different ways to get album art, some being for Mac's some for windows, some just using Google and Amazon, but I did a google search and came up with this site....

iTunes Art Importer 0.9.2

I was wondering if anyone here has used this site and/or if anyone has anything good or bad to say about it.

Thanks for you help.

OEW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.