Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Yeah, I just got back from the Apple store. The iBook just got whisked away to Memphis for repairs. All free. Its the 700MHz model made in 2002. The genius at Annapolis looked at it, and okayed it. So you people who are holding off on purchasing them nice iBook G3s, dont worry about the logic board plagues. :)

I'll be getting it back in 3-4 business days, which is Friday at the latest.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Good to know, as my fiance is using an iBook similar to yours. Hope I don't need it though.

Play Ultimate

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
ditto

My wife's 2003 900 Mhz iBook G3 got sent back about 2 weeks ago. Came back a few days later.

BTW, it had a crack in the corner of the case (right hand side, below keyboard.) They fixed that too.
We still had AppleCare so that may have covered that.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
I dunno. Mines in DAMN good condition. The genius is like "This iBook is in amazing condition considering the age of it." I bet that helped with it as it showed I didnt like beat the stuffin out of it.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
good to know, my ibook is heavly modified and last time they repaired it no questions asked, did you have to take it to an apple store or was it picked up from you?

Black1ce

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2006
My logic board JUST failed. Very sad since this computer has been perfect and I just ordered a new case for it.

I called apple and they said it would be 800 dollars since this computer was bought in may 2002, meaning it expired in about 7 months ago.

Any tips? The closest apple store is no where within driving distance and the nearest CompUSA is over 150.

If apple won't do it for free, then I'm going to have to shell out atleast 250 to DT&T.

Any keywords or loopholes I can try and squeak through?

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Black1ce said:
My logic board JUST failed. Very sad since this computer has been perfect and I just ordered a new case for it.

I called apple and they said it would be 800 dollars since this computer was bought in may 2002, meaning it expired in about 7 months ago.

Any tips? The closest apple store is no where within driving distance and the nearest CompUSA is over 150.

If apple won't do it for free, then I'm going to have to shell out atleast 250 to DT&T.

Any keywords or loopholes I can try and squeak through?

I took it in. I also happened to mutter the beautiful keywords. Logic Board Replacement Program. :p

Which model was yours? Mine was the 700 MHz that came out in '02.

ke2000 said:
i am wondering if your system is 10.4 then do u lost the backlight adjustment?

No, I have no problems with the backlight adjustment under 10.4.5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.