Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
L

Lau

Original poster
Ok, so I draw a lot, and tend to doodle on a lot of stuff. Tonight, after a year and a half of owning this baby, I couldn't help myself and drew a tiny little doodle on my PowerBook in pencil. It actually looked pretty good, so I rubbed it off, and drew a bigger one.

Now I'm tempted to draw a picture every now and again - it completely comes off, and there was something kind of pleasing about drawing on it. :eek: I might try coloured pencils now....

Don't do this on an iBook - it doesn't come off that well (see below)

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
Lau said:
Ok, so I draw a lot, and tend to doodle on a lot of stuff. Tonight, after a year and a half of owning this baby, I couldn't help myself and drew a tiny little doodle on my PowerBook in pencil. It actually looked pretty good, so I rubbed it off, and drew a bigger one.

[IM-G]http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/3672/img28634dh.jpg[/IMG]

Now I'm tempted to draw a picture every now and again - it completely comes off, and there was something kind of pleasing about drawing on it. :eek: I might try coloured pencils now....

You could cover the entire machine in one big "scene," and then paint all the parts so that it is permanent and colourful...it'd be quite unique.

L

Lau

Original poster
mmmcheese said:
You could cover the entire machine in one big "scene," and then paint all the parts so that it is permanent and colourful...it'd be quite unique.

That would be fun. Don't tempt me!

I can also confirm that coloured pencils work well. :)

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Lau said:
That would be fun. Don't tempt me!

I can also confirm that coloured pencils work well. :)

The character on the left looks like a chubby Moomintroll - nice sketch.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Those are great! I'd try it but ... I can't draw. :(

Aww, the little 12' Powerbooks are so cute.

iHeartTheApple

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Boston, MA
Wow! That's really awesome! Very creative, indeed. Though I must admit, I couldn't bring myself to do that to my PB...plus I can't draw all that well. :eek:

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I'd never be able to do that to my PowerBook. I spend half of the time on it making sure that there aren't any spots on it. I'd be afraid that not all of the pencil would come off. Definitely some cool drawings though! Two thumbs up!

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
rockandrule said:
...I spend half of the time on it making sure that there aren't any spots on it...!

Well, don't spend the other half of the time doing....that....near your computer.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
wow, nice sketches. i never noticed before, but your return button is really weird. why they couldn't put the forwardslash button next to the endbracket button and have a normal return button like the rest of the powerbooks is beyond me. :confused:

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Just to note when I try to sell my Powerbook someday on here -

I have never written on it. :)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau, you crack me up! :D I love your doodles. I think you should throw some simple sketches onto a generic t and sell those babies.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Surely its not possible to keep them because your palms would smudge them?

It would be really cool to find a permanent solution like laser engraving (but able to be done at home). You could seriously start a business like this!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
plinkoman said:
wow, nice sketches. i never noticed before, but your return button is really weird. why they couldn't put the forwardslash button next to the endbracket button and have a normal return button like the rest of the powerbooks is beyond me. :confused:

That's hpw the return is on uk keyboards for the 12" pb & ibook :)

Love the drawings, do they not smudge when using your mac though? I'm tempted to try it on my ibook now :)

Laura i see from your portfolio you have designed a cd cover for idlewild? This is not the commercial release, was this a project or somthing?

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
MacRumorUser said:
Laura i see from your portfolio you have designed a cd cover for idlewild? This is not the commercial release, was this a project or somthing?

Really good album too. But thats not the cover I have on my copy of the CD, so I guess it wasn't commercial or anything. Really cool though. :)

L

Lau

Original poster
Woo! I'm glad people like 'em. Emboldened by a Mr Clean Magic Eraser, I will experiment further. They probably will rub off the palmrests - but now I'm tempted to draw on the lid. Hmmm. I'll maybe experiment with some water soluble pens or something. Bit scary though! :eek:

Devilot, I do have a Paypal sellers account, so I could sell custom t-shirts through my site. Oooh......

MacRumorUser and XIII - the Idlewild cover I just did as a project. Now I've seen the actual cover to that album I kind of regret it, because the actual cover's really good. :eek:

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Lau said:
MacRumorUser and XIII - the Idlewild cover I just did as a project. Now I've seen the actual cover to that album I kind of regret it, because the actual cover's really good. :eek:

Yeah, its nice. :) I take it you like the band then? This thread kinda reminded me of that album, and now I'm listening to it, for the first time in a while. :) Ho humm, I better let this thread get back on topic..

L

Lau

Original poster
XIII said:
Yeah, its nice. :) I take it you like the band then? This thread kinda reminded me of that album, and now I'm listening to it, for the first time in a while. :) Ho humm, I better let this thread get back on topic..

Yeah, I do indeed - Idlewild are hugely pleasing. :) Actually the project I set myself for both the CD covers was kind of fun - I chose an album from iTunes that I hadn't seen the cover for, and tried to design a cover for it in the time it takes to listen to the album. :p (I finished of the type in the Idlewild one outside the 45 minutes though - that was a bit of a mission).

Anyway, as you say, back on topic. Are you allowed to go off topic in a thread you started? I don't know. :D

I'm going to have a think about something to draw on the lid now....:)

L

Lau

Original poster
Well, I had some fun with the lid as well:

Right, now I really must do some proper work. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.