Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrenx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Hi I have had my powebook now since december ish, its the with the updated screen and ram. Specs are:

Machine Name: PowerBook G4 15"
Machine Model: PowerBook5,8
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.5)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.67 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.9.6f0
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

It also has the 100gb 7200rpm drive.

My problem is if the battery runs out while being used and then puts its self to sleep when i connect the power and wake it up, it starts to then asks me for password which is normal but wont let me insert a password or use the mouse the keyboard also does not work. If left it will just go back to sleep. This only happens when the battery runs out. Normally wakes ok. When I receaved the laptop it never had the problem....

Please help...... Thanks all

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Well until you find a way to solve the issue, the most obvious answer would be to not let it drain so much battery that it needs to fall asleep.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
sometimes the mouse doesnt work on my ibook, and pressing 'esc' seems to resolve the issue.....but i spose if ur mouse and Keyboard dont work well u cant press 'esc' lol

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Or, unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard's USB. My 15" PB occasionally goes coo coo with a mouse; in that case, I unplug the USB hub from the PB and plug it back in, which fixes erratic and non working mouse/keyboard for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.