Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heels98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Rutherfordton, NC
I searched for an answer to this, but couldn't find anything. But at the iTunes Music Store, Coldplay's second album "A Rush of Blood to the Head" doesn't list Clocks, which I know is track 5 on the album. It simply goes from track 4 to track 6. Does anybody know what's up with this?

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
well you see clocks has been played over 11 billion times since it's release so it's completly worn out and had to be put down.

lol I have no idea, I'd send some feedback to apple about it.

EDIT: It shows up for me in the iTunes Music Store

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Yep, that track missing from the US store. That must be iTunes' little way of telling you that you should listen to something other than Coldplay.

TheDulcimer

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
Another possible thing is that Coldplay does not want it sold on itunes, i have seen plenty of albums that do not contain all the music that was in the album to start with.

Its also possible the song is owned by someone who does not want it sold anywhere but where they have said.

-The Dulcimer-

ChinMusic

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2006
iMeowbot said:
Yep, that track missing from the US store. That must be iTunes' little way of telling you that you should listen to something other than Coldplay.
We have a winner!

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
It is still included on the album in the UK store. Must be an American thing - perhaps a regional licencing issue?

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
In my opinion, if it's not a complete album it should not be on iTMS at all. It's another disgusting ploy the record companies like to pull.

gco212

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2004
Philadelphia
I bought the album over the summer, and it had Clocks at that time. I checked, and I still have it in the protected format, with the account name I bought it with. I have no idea why they pulled it from the store. And, for the record, I'm in the US and was when I bought it.

TheDulcimer

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
gco212 said:
I bought the album over the summer, and it had Clocks at that time. I checked, and I still have it in the protected format, with the account name I bought it with. I have no idea why they pulled it from the store. And, for the record, I'm in the US and was when I bought it.

My guess is that when the band "went into hiding" one of the members owned the rights to Clocks and pulled the rights away from itunes and who knows where else to sell it.

-The Dulcimer-

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
This must be some recent error in the music store. I bought "Clocks" on January 31, 2006.

The album also does not say "Partial Album."

Email them and see what's up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.