Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
It really makes sense, and I think that is what Apple is going for. It sounds funny at first, but that is only because we are so used to calling their predecessors by different names.

Pro computers:
Mac Pro
MacBook Pro

Consumer computers:
Mac Mini
iMac
iMacBook

The only problem is Mac Mini, but I think Apple is accepting it as an oddball. So Apple gets rid of "power" in the names (as Steve stated when he introduced MBP) and maintains "i" prefix to consumer products. Most importantly to Steve is having "mac" in all their computer names.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
iMacbook sounds retarded!!! It'll simply be the Macbook or they will leave it as the iBook. They left the name for the iMac as it is.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Pro:

Mac Pro
MacBook Pro

Consumer:

Mac Mini
Mac
MacBook

I know, I know, they already introduced the Intel iMac, but hey...it could be nice. Has there ever been a plain "Mac"? Not Macintosh, but Mac?

EDIT Oh and the cool new iPod that might come out on/around April 1 would be the iPod Pro.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
asherman13 said:
I know, I know, they already introduced the Intel iMac, but hey...it could be nice. Has there ever been a plain "Mac"? Not Macintosh, but Mac?

god I hope they don't do that. First, because it would cause needless confusion:
"I'm getting a new mac..."
"Do you mean a new mac or a new 'mac?'"

Second because the imac is the computer that saved apple and is identified with the ipod. It's iconic at this point.

And third because there's such a thing as overly simplified. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.