Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Anyone know how/if I can flash the capslock LED on my macbook keyboard? Hopefully it's independent of the capslock function and of the physical hardware, like on peecees, where num/cap/scroll lock LEDs are often repurposed. I hear that on old PBs, they had ADB keyboards, where the led function is hardwaired into the keyboard hardware.

With the capslock function disabled using DoubleCommand, the LED still toggles when I press the key.

Why would I want this ? Well, if your fullscreen app is in control of the screen, then Finder can't display its low battery dialogue, nor can you see finder's menu bar. I'd like to be able to have a background task flash the led to let me know I should feed some electrons through it.

Thanks

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
hatter said:
Anyone know how/if I can flash the capslock LED on my macbook keyboard? Hopefully it's independent of the capslock function and of the physical hardware, like on peecees, where num/cap/scroll lock LEDs are often repurposed. I hear that on old PBs, they had ADB keyboards, where the led function is hardwaired into the keyboard hardware.

With the capslock function disabled using DoubleCommand, the LED still toggles when I press the key.

Why would I want this ? Well, if your fullscreen app is in control of the screen, then Finder can't display its low battery dialogue, nor can you see finder's menu bar. I'd like to be able to have a background task flash the led to let me know I should feed some electrons through it.

Thanks

There were a couple of extentions back in the pre-OS X days that you could use to turn your keyboard lights into the computer equivilent of christmas tree lights :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.