Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Todd Clark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
Fresno, CA
I am new to MAC's and need some help form some pro's.
I just upgraded my IMAC DV 400 to OS 9.1 (had 8.6) and my modem is not found. It worked fine before I upgraded so I dont think its a hardware problem. As far as updates go, I downloaded Apples Modem Update 2.0 but it wont install, because it cant find the modem.
I have tried to change the modem properties (Connect via) to "Internal Modem", but I can not change it! Its set to "No serial port available".
Please help!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: IMAC Internal Modem not found

Originally posted by Todd Clark
I am new to MAC's and need some help form some pro's.
I just upgraded my IMAC DV 400 to OS 9.1 (had 8.6) and my modem is not found. It worked fine before I upgraded so I dont think its a hardware problem. As far as updates go, I downloaded Apples Modem Update 2.0 but it wont install, because it cant find the modem.
I have tried to change the modem properties (Connect via) to "Internal Modem", but I can not change it! Its set to "No serial port available".
Please help!
well this could be a number of problems. the first thing i would do if i were you is go upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2.2. dont worry, they are free upgrades and you can find them at versiontracker.com. I would also run software update, there are bound to be some firmare updates out there. start with 9.2.2 first.

iJon

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Your Problem is that you have somehow disabled your modem extensions in your system folder. To check this, goto the extensions manager in the Control Pannels and set the config to All restart, an see if you can switch ports, if you can, you need to change back to you current config and activate all extensions related to modems.

~TEG::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.