Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
Okay so,

I'm having a bit of an ordeal and I need some help on decision making. Okay so I've been planning to buy a 12" PowerBook for quite a while now and I'm now prepared to. But what the problem is, is that in about 13 days I'll be going to Gettysburg for a class trip (March 29-30) and supposidly New Macs will be coming out sometime around there. Now I really want a laptop for this trip but I also want to wait and see what they come out with (New iPod, iBook etc.) But if I come back and they have made new iPods then the value of mine would go down so I wouldn't be able to sell it for as much as I could before Gettysburg.

Now here are my choices: Wait until after Gettysburg and see what they have and take the risk of losing value on my items that I would have to sell.

Or

I could buy one before Gettysburg and then take the risk of buying an older laptop when I could just have boughten a (New) iBook instead if they come out with Intel ones.

Tell me what you think please.

the Helix

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2003
dude...

Just wait.
Better to suffer now and be glad later, than to be temporarily happy and then miserable for the rest of the time you own the iBook.

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
I really wanted a laptop for a trip to florida but as hard as it was decided to wait and see what was released at macworld(as hard as it was). Im very glad I did. Not only were the macbook pros announced, but I was too busy on my trip doing things to ever use a laptop.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
Why would you need a laptop on your class trip. Enjoy life and what adventures you want to have their. You don't need to be tethered to the internet/Macrumors. Imagine people not even 10 years ago when laptops were much rarer.

From Geek Culture
796.gif

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Wait. It's a 2 day class trip. I doubt it would be the end of the world if you didn't have a PB with you (though the ladies do love the PB's ;) )

I'm actually in the same boat as you right now. I love the 12" PB (even if it is 'old tech') but will wait to see what/if anything gets released in around 4/1 before I proceed.

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
bodeh6 said:
Why would you need a laptop on your class trip. Enjoy life and what adventures you want to have their. You don't need to be tethered to the internet/Macrumors. Imagine people not even 10 years ago when laptops were much rarer.

From Geek Culture
796.gif

HAHAHAHHA! That got a good laugh out of me! Yea, I'll just wait. :D :)

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Laptops are great to have, but I always feel an obligation to be sitting at mine when I have it with me. Just go on the trip and enjoy life - computers are NOT the only things out there.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
1) Don't buy now
2) Think about if you really need a laptop at all on this trip
3) Rent one if you really need it now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.