Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
From Cnn.com:

SAN FRANCISCO (Business 2.0) - NBC is getting the Internet in a big way. Spurred by a prime-time ratings boost that followed the sale of episodes of "The Office" on iTunes, the network now plans to stream 10 original, Web-only episodes of the hit show this summer. The move comes after NBC Universal Television Group CEO Jeffrey Zucker told producers to come up with pitches for shows that included Internet components.

Cool. I just don't understand why they wouldn't air these on television as well.:confused:

Not that I actually use that ol' thing anyway. iLove you iTunes.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
I read the article, and it seemed like they weren't complete episodes, rather focusing on some of the more minor charachters at accounting, such as Angela and Toby.

And possibly no Steve Carell in these. :(

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Cool!

Sounds awesome as I had never heard of "The Office" before the episodes were made available on iTunes and ever since I have become a diehard fan!

My question is... will these "web only" episodes be on iTunes or NBC.com ?

I've had some trouble viewing the video content from NBC.com and I noticed in the article they said "streaming episodes" which doesn't sound like iTunes content.

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
Sure would be nice if NBC used a Mac-compatible video player so the rest of us could enjoy the additional content at "The Office's" website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.