Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Do you all think that there will be an iPod update in the next month? I have been waiting since before MWSF, and I don't know if I can wait much longer. If there is an update, will it be anything major, and do you all think that I should wait a while or not before buying one? I don't know if I can wait much longer! :D

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I really don't think there is going to be an update anytime soon. I really don't expect an iPod update for another 4 to 5 months. I really don't see what they could update on hardware. If there is any update, it's most likely going to be a software update which will be available for all iPod users.

The current drives aren't fast enough to support FireWire 800, a color screen is just a ridiculous idea, and 20Gb is the biggest drive available at this time. The only hardware update I see feasible is a line-in jack for recording. But, I don't think that'll happen until Apple makes an OS X iApp for simple audio recording.

I too was waiting to get an iPod, but I decided to get one for Christmas. It's the best decision I ever made. Get it now! You'll love it. And, if something new comes out, sell it on eBay and buy a new one.

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
im in the same boat... i want an ipod so bad i can taste it... but the proposed updates seem worth waiting for... i figure ill wait til ilife comes out as this would make a sensable time for the update... i mean the current ipods are 14 months old.. apple doesnt wait this long to update anything for crying out loud... wheres the new ipods steve-o....

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I don't really know what can be updated in an iPod. I just don't really like the idea of the color screen. I don't think that it is necessary. If I were to buy an iPod, I would be more concerned about my music and not the color of my screen.

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
im not concerned about colour screens... i would like a recording feature and the ability to plug it into the tv and watch slideshows and so forth...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.