Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StoneWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Hi Everyone.

I just checked my local Best Buy flyer (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) and it had both the Mac Mini G4 and 12" iBook G4 on "final clearance". It's a given that an iBook replacement is coming, but it is still interesting to see it on clearance since no official Apple announcement has been made.

*EDIT*
Correction, it's the 12" POWERBOOK G4 that's on "final clearance". The plot thickens....

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
StoneWolf said:
Hi Everyone.

I just checked my local Best Buy flyer (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) and it had both the Mac Mini G4 and 12" iBook G4 on "final clearance". Its a given that an iBook replacement is coming, but it is still interesting to see it on clearance since no official Apple announcement has been made.

Lets Hope The Intel iBook (Macbook) is Coming Soon

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Could we see all intel Macs by Augest 06?(reason the pushed it back was it have a chip for the Servers and PowerMacs, and then we all would be intel?)

And when does eMac go intel

L

Lau

I've got an iBook on order and in spite of 3-5 days shipping quoted, it isn't going to ship until 31st March. I did wonder if that was an indication.

It's annoying though - cause I need it now, and I don't really want an intel one now - I want something reliable and that will run Adobe stuff fast. I must be the only person who doesn't want to be upgraded to a MacBook!

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Lau said:
I've got an iBook on order and in spite of 3-5 days shipping quoted, it isn't going to ship until 31st March. I did wonder if that was an indication.

It's annoying though - cause I need it now, and I don't really want an intel one now - I want something reliable and that will run Adobe stuff fast. I must be the only person who doesn't want to be upgraded to a MacBook!

You and all the people who said the sky was falling when the Mac Mini had IIG;)

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
zap2 said:
Could we see all intel Macs by Augest 06?(reason the pushed it back was it have a chip for the Servers and PowerMacs, and then we all would be intel?)

And when does eMac go intel

Isn't the eMac...gone?

StoneWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Sorry everyone - I read it too quickly. It's actually the 12" POWERBOOK G4 that's on "final clearance". I think this is even more interesting :)

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Lau said:

Did you check the UK Refurb Store? They have 30% off PowerBooks right now.

L

Lau

dietcokevanilla said:
Did you check the UK Refurb Store? They have 30% off PowerBooks right now.

Thanks - yeah, I did have a look. The only one my pathetic budget* will stretch to has a 60 GB drive and is slightly more than a Edu iBook with a 80 GB hard drive. I think I'd rather have the 80 GB than the speed. The higher specs are a bit out of budget, and I hope to maybe buy a desktop when I get some cash, so the iBook should be grand if it does in fact ever ship...

*I keep spending money on stuff like trips to London...:p

Dr. Who

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2006
Best Buy $300 Off PowerBook

StoneWolf said:
Hi Everyone.

I just checked my local Best Buy flyer (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) and it had both the Mac Mini G4 and 12" iBook G4 on "final clearance". It's a given that an iBook replacement is coming, but it is still interesting to see it on clearance since no official Apple announcement has been made.

*EDIT*
Correction, it's the 12" POWERBOOK G4 that's on "final clearance". The plot thickens....

I was also in Best Buy today (London, Ontario) and when I asked about the $300 price reduction on the PowerBook, the sales person told me that they were out and they would be getting some replacements in this week. I asked whether he know if they would be the Intel versions and he said maybe and to check back later this week. He told me that new shipments would arrive sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. The $300 off was for the 12" PowerBook. The iBooks were not on sale. What do you think this means? New PowerBooks, but no new iBooks?? Why would you reduce a current PowerBook by that much if something new wasn't around the corner?

Dr. Who

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2006
trogdor! said:
Maybe the 12 inch and 17 inch macbook pros are right around the corner?

Maybe, but I am really hoping for the iBook. I tell you I was pretty tempted at that price had there been any in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.