Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
All of a sudden iPhoto dosen´t seem to recognize that it´s a camera connected. It dosen´t show up with an icon on the desktop either.
But when I unplugg it, my ibook tells me that I have removed device wrongly and need to drag it´s icon to the bin first.

Any idea what´s going on here?

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
you could try reinstalling iLife. Was it on your mac when you got it? if so it should be on your OSX Install dvd. Maybe that would fix it.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I can still import pictures and everything just fine - maybe only l337 cameras mount to the desktop. Mine is only a kodak easyshare so who knows.

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
I would try reformatting the cameras memory card if you dont have any pictures on it, it might be corrupted. Also check to see if the camera shows up in disk utility. The computer might be recognizing the camera but it cannot mount or read the memory card.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
same problem...

I have same problem, my new camera icon doesn't show up on my desktop. But I can import pictures and movies just fine.

My camera is Canon PowerShot SD 450 (gotta love that baby!) :D

My old camera, Sony Cybershot (bought it in 2003) and the camera show up on my desktop. Strange.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
cannon camera's dont show up on your desktop, and for some reason a Sony will. Kinda weird if you ask me, but there are other threads the go into detail as to why. Because of this I now use a 5-1 reader, so everything shows up on the desktop.

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Damn I have a Canon Powershot SD400, and I wish it would show up on the desktop, just because it helps me organize...you know how it is with digital, a lot of stuff can easily get lost...

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
n-abounds said:
Damn I have a Canon Powershot SD400, and I wish it would show up on the desktop, just because it helps me organize...you know how it is with digital, a lot of stuff can easily get lost...
Get a card reader. It'll mount on the desktop.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
This is weird. I repaired permissions. Then I finaly managed to get the icon on my desktop, but it came up as a folder:confused:
This has never happened before.
I had to drag them into iPhoto. That worked fine, but I did not manage to eject the folder icon or drag it to the trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.