Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eckslusive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2002
I have the mirrored drive Dual G4s..and I was wondering..is there a internal CD-RW that burns at like...32x or more that i can put in that is Mac Compatible and how much it would be? Cause 8x just doesn't cut it.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
You can throw in any drive that supports Mac OS X (and 9 if you use it). Burners go up to 52x now, perhaps higher... it's hard to keep up, every week they get faster.

Not sure about prices where you are, but in Australia you can get 52x drives for $140, so probably US$60.

Edit:
Heh. US$59.49, actually. What a guess. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2301691447&category=11159
Not sure about Mac compatibility on this particular drive, though.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
peronally i would go no further than a 32. in my opinion your wasting money going any further. i bought a 48x for my pc and when i burn it says it gets no higher that about 30-40. I also have a fast machine and these are burns from the hard drive. I could be missing something vital other than that my lacie 24x seems just as fast as it. i think there is a site that will tell you what drives will work with mac os x. it is that accelerate your mac site, i went brain dead and forgot the domain name, somebody here will know it.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.