Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Anyone know how to copy the iTunes Album Art of the current playing song to a folder?

ucscc10

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2006
could you create a smart folder in finder with criteria of like "any .jpg files within music<itunes<itunesmusic" ?? i don't know why you need the files, but that may work.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks, I just want the art for the active song, though

Ultimately, I'll have the script grab the album art and send it via ftp to my web space so that my web site will always show the song I'm listening to (within error range of how often I tell the script to run)

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
I've been looking at a couple of different scripts and I'm thinking I may be best to export all Artwork to my FTP space and then use AppleScript to query the current track which it exports in a HTML file with a table that includes a link to the image which I somehow match with the track info.

This kind of crosses that line between the Programming forum and Web forum but I think the fact that I need to work through the AppleScript side of it keeps it here.

Any ideas on this would be really appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.