Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alkashif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
Dear MAC forum members,

i am conducting a study on software development and the use of software design patterns , particularly when used within the scope of integrating applications.

It would be great to have views from MAC developers.
I have to admit that I am not a MAC user and know little about development in MAC environment, but the questioniare can be filled by large audience within programming /development.

if you are hapy to help , the questioaire is at

http://www.integrationsolutions.co.uk/Patterns_new.htm
( take approx 5 min)

Thanks!

alkashif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
So sorry for being short sighted on that .

Please ignore if the original post is not relevant.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
caveman_uk said:
It's not MAC - it's not capitalised. MAC and Mac are two different things. One's an inherent property of a network adapter.
The other is a type of computer.

Or, of course, a hamburger, since the correct name of a the computer line would be Apple Macintosh.

Or, in other words: Stop being so picky. The posting was not ambiguous, everybody knew what "MAC" was supposed to denote.

Or, in even other words: Jehova, Jehova!

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
caveman_uk said:
If we're being pedants then the hamburger isn't capitalised either...also it's prefixed by the word 'Big'

And Jehovah has an 'H'.

The moral of the story is 'Don't try and outdo a pedant who's an expert at it' ;)

The context was: "The other is a type of computer." - "Or, a hamburger".
As for Jehova: You win. But I didn't try to be a pendant. I just wanted to make clear that this MAC/Mac thing is ridiculous.

MAC MAC!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.