Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I have a 12" PowerBook that is having issues scrolling on web pages. The most obvious issue is with the MacRumors homepage. I can scroll down one viewable section, then the scrolling stops, I have to click the mouse and then carry on scrolling down the page. Does anyone else experience this and is there any solution to this problem?

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
R.Youden said:
I have a 12" PowerBook that is having issues scrolling on web pages. The most obvious issue is with the MacRumors homepage. I can scroll down one viewable section, then the scrolling stops, I have to click the mouse and then carry on scrolling down the page. Does anyone else experience this and is there any solution to this problem?

I also have this problem, I think it may be to do with 10.4.6, what version are you using?

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
Does it stop scrolling whilst over the advert from google?

This has been mentioned before, apparantly the advert affects the scrolling, happens to me too.

I don't think that there is a cure for this - yet.

icookbook

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2006
yep

yep, happens on my 12' ibook

really kind of annoying, I always wondered why it was doing that

I didn't realize the ads were the cause of it though

edit - yeah, I tested scrolling over that google ad on the main page: same effect, but this is different.
The effect that R.Youden is talking about, the page won't scroll past a certain point until the mouse is clicked no matter where the cursor is placed.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Yup, I just noticed that the Google add is what stops the scrolling. However it is only the first add, and it is only in the down direction! The second add has no effect on the scrolling.

Strange, but a good thing I suppose in that it is not my PowerBook.

icookbook

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2006
no man, the google ad does cause scrolling to stop, but (with my ibook anyways) it could happen on any page

just wait, it'll probably happen to you again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.